SmartThings (Samsung Connect) iOS 1.6.41 (December 17, 2019)

Just updated on my devices.

Nothing too exciting from what I can see.

“Can share ST with friends and family via email” - so I could give someone permission to view/control my devices via email?

please let room sorting stick :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Seems to be. Just had to do it across three devices (not because of it not sticking before but because I had been messing around).

Everyone ignore me today. You can’t add more than 20 rooms. I can’t count

This feature allows you to send an invitation via email address. Previously the user would need to have a Samsung account prior to being invited.

2 Likes

This app is very buggy. Two crashes so far and now the + Rooms no longer loads for me < - it appears once you reach 20 rooms, that section will not load

How bigs yer house JKP ? Perhaps Castle would suit better :joy:

Everyone has their own way of doing things so Choice is good. For me, I think “groups” would be a better term instead of “rooms”. I like to group particular sets of devices together to make it simpler (for me). But again, that is only my preference. For example, I prefer to group all my Nest devices together and group my doors together in another group (room). Hubs, bridges and controllers have their own room, etc. That way I can easily look in one spot to check the status instead of going to multiple spots. My brain seems to function better with this method. But again, that is only my preference for doing things. As time goes by, things change. I use to have more rooms but with the new app and its approach to displaying rooms has allowed me to combine some into fewer.

1 Like

I do use rooms in the traditional sense but also have a ‘room’ for family (presence), another for weather and another called ‘house’ for devices that don’t really belong to a single room.

2 Likes

Yep, I have presence and weather rooms :slight_smile:

Now everyone knows why I have more than 20 rooms, err I mean groups

1 Like

The menu now flags new notifications with the yellow N symbol. Kinda annoying if you have automations that generate a lot of notifications.

Still trying to figure out if I like the new notice indicator on the menu (three bars) that has been added for the messages section. Previously you would only see the new notice indicator for new versions of the app. Now, you get the new notice indicator for messages - so far for locked/unlocked but could be for other events in the message section like armed/disarmed and presence. Again, not sure if the new notice indicator is needed. I don’t know, maybe it will grow on me. Right now I am leaning towards redundant.

This latest update is sooooooooo buggy that it is driving me crazy.

Like the android version, if you enable a timer for a device in the iOS app, a “quick control” is created in the Automation section for that timer. There appears to be a bug though - if you disable the timer turn off), the quick control remains in the Automation list and you can’t remove it. Or at least I haven’t figured out a way to remove it yet. I am sure @Automated_House will come along to show me what I am missing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That looks about right to me. Kinda strange. There doesn’t seem to be a way to totally delete one of those quick automations instead of just turning it off.

2 Likes

So far knocks on wood this app update has been remembering my home screen room settings. Anybody else?

1 Like

Yes, so far.

2 Likes