SmartThings Rest API using Tasker

This is what you will want to use to get the value you want in that task.
Do a variable set.

%DeviceInfo.components.main.doorControl.door.value

Thanks for the quick response and tasker syntax lesson :smile:, works great!
I was wondering what Sharptools/Tasker users were going to do after Groovy and this post has been very helpful. Appreciate the effort!

Feel free to hit me up if you need any help with more task.

Hello @Jake_Mohl
For your original Offline status I disabled the List Dialog and replaced it with a Notify. So I can see wich devices are offline (with the list dialog nothing was showed on the screen when the task runs at 12:00)

The problem is that, when the List has more than One, it only shows the first followed by …

The task has the replace , for the “return”, but only the first shows up. Any suggestion?

I think the problem is with MIUI devices. Notifications cannot be extended to read the all text.

I solved it by replacing the array with a string and send the notification on every loop. So i’ll have as many notifications as the number of the offline devices.

That’s fine by me :grin:

You can fix that by using %offlinearray() as the text option for the notification. The () tells it to use the whole array vs using the first entry.

Yes, but still won’t work.
In this case it separates the devices with “comma” and I still can’t see more than one, a comma and the start of the second devices name.
But that’s ok. I’ll use my option of one notification for each device.
Thanks anyway.

I am using pushbullet with this setup with no problems…

This is awesome for controlling devices w/in Tasker, though I simply want to send a REST api message to Tasker as a ‘Then’ in a Routine. I’ve created my Personal Token, however, I do not see an option to send it in a Routine. Is there something different I need to do?

What’s an example of this use case? This will help me out on how to beat help you.

I have Home/Away Profiles in Tasker, and would like to use ST as my Tasker presence device. Currently, I’m using Life360 via Home Assistant, sending a REST message to Tasker thru Join.

Edit: Until I figure out how to send a REST message, I’ve found an alternative… Using Modes & Routines on my Samsung S22, although I cannot directly interact w/ Tasker, I can post a notification for Home/Away which I can Intercept w/ AN.

Edit 2: I actually figured another way, also through Modes & Routines… Using Tasker App Factory, I created an App that does a Perform Task for Home and one for Away.

Nice thread. I’m sensing a pizza delivery app routine in my future to turn on the porch lights :slight_smile:

1 Like