SmartThings not allowing connection to GH

Ive spent hours on the phone with SmartThings suport as well as GH support. Things were working fine until we recently got a new Samsung washer and dryer. Girlfriend added the washer/dryer to smartthings on her end. Ever since then, things started going wacky. I removed allllll devices from ST Classic which i was using, did factory restore on everything, Got welcome code. the whole 9. Going through adding things 1 by 1 without any issues. However, when I go to add my voice assistant into GH, I get the “Couldn’t update the setting, Check your connection”

Nobody seems to know anything or how to proceed? I have uninstalled/reinstalled both apps numerous times. I am at a loss and am beyond frustrated.

I’m sure that’s very frustrating. :disappointed_relieved: Do you have more than one location on your account?

Thanks for the reply. I have only 1 location, no devices, handlers, smart apps. All have been deleted and hub factory reset.

I am not sure if this will help or not, but since you’ve exhausted all other options… Here is a post describing how a Hubitat user was able to get Google Home to connect to their Hubitat hub after fighting with it for a while. To me, it sounds similar to your issue…but I am not sure. Just replace all references to “Hubitat” with “SmartThings”. :wink:

2 Likes

Wow!!! This did it!!! I cannot thank you enough!!! I unlinked smart things. (it was showing two). Reljnked and now I think I’m good! Thank you so much.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! Glad it is working for you.

1 Like