Smartthings (New) App: Entry Delay missing

Hi all,
I’m transitioning from the Classic App to the New App. I remember that the New Smartthings App STHM has entry/exit delay built-in, but cannot find where this feature is now? Has this been removed?
Thank you. CT

It’s a siren delay. Go into the STHM dashboard and click on the gear in the top right corner. Click on security. Click on set response.

Thank you @oldcomputerwiz. I see the siren delay, but I don’t think that it’s a true delay. I have lights and audio (from Sonos) response as well, so even though siren doesn’t sound, all lights turn on and the Sonos barks loudly (I set dog barking) which is not a fun thing.
CT

It’s not.

You can take a look at SHM Delay 2.0 if you want true entry/exit delays.

Pay particular attention to the directions as it has to be set up using the classic app (due to a ST bug in the new app) but will work with STHM quite well. I’m using it everyday.

1 Like

Thank you @oldcomputerwiz . I’ll give it a try. CT

I’ve got to say it’s sad commentary on Samsung SmartThings that entry/exit delay isn’t built in functionality after years of users requesting it. Is anyone at SmartThings looking at this? I’ve researched ALL of the competition and they all handle this. Expecting users to copy and paste and maintain code on a buggy Webcore platform is poor “tech leadership.”

There is an entry delay. Only 30 seconds or one minute, and you have to make your own arrangements to let yourself know you need to disarm, but it is there.

Plus it’s not a “security” system, it’s a “monitoring” system.

SmartThings that entry/exit delay isn’t built in functionality after years of users requesting it. Is anyone at SmartThings looking at this? I’ve researched ALL of the competition and they all handle this.