SmartThings iOS app update (v. 1.6.67/1.6.68) June 2021

Slight display issue on the Smart Lock Guest Access tile…

Tagging @blake.arnold

2 Likes

How do you edit a scene with the latest app? I can click on it to run it, but I can’t edit it.

Click on the name to edit it. Click on the play button to run it. :slight_smile:

Wow. That’s touchy. I was touching the icon that I assigned to it thinking that would be enough. Thanks.

1 Like

Anyway to get smart apps from IDE to show in new app? Can’t find a way to add them now.

I’ve been unable to add custom apps to my new location also. I contacted support and was told it’s no longer supported but I should review the community forums to “see if someone has a workaround”. It also looks like a number of integrations with other services (IFTTT, arlo) are unavailable to add to new locations.

Looks OK on an 11:

Hi guys how can I hide devices on the new app, the reason why I need to hide them is because I have some redundant smart switches around the house that make sense in the physical world but not in the app

You can’t ‘hide’ a device… Just make an extra room for extraneous devices and stuff them all in there and make sure they’re not on the favorites page.

2 Likes

As always, nice cluster mess by Samsung again. Reinstalled app to get devices to register, having trouble accessing multiple devices. Some automations are not working. Hoping it sorts itself out…

1 Like

I think that will be the work around I hope they bring back the hide functionality in my opinion is a cleaner solution

This new app is the second step back in as many updates. Nothing works, unintuitive interface and nonsensical layout. Less functional than two versions ago. Sadly, I now have no use for this app or platform. It used to be good.

2 Likes

It was possible in the previous version

1 Like

What youre seeing is remove from favorites.

The favorites panel is now basically what the home panel was. You can absolutely remove or show a device from favorites

The device is still visible in its room on tge rooms page.

1 Like

Fun fact: syncing of the Favorites page across all devices is enabled by default. If you want to set up individual Favorites pages, you can disable sync by going to menu > settings (gear icon) and disable Sync :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nothing is working for me since yesterday morning (June 19). I don’t know if it’s related to the iOS update or not. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, reset the hub, my router, etc. When I try to turn on or off any devices connected via smartthings, I just get a progress wheel for a few seconds and then an error that says “a network or server error occurred. try again later”.

What do you mean by “reset the hub”? Did you power it off for several minutes and remove batteries if a v2?

The word “reset” always sends shivers up my spine when I hear that term :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry, I should have just said power cycled. Mine does not have batteries. I did not push the little button inside the pinhole on the back though.

3 Likes

Power it off for 15 minutes and see if that works

1 Like

Hi. This is only just impacted us last night when we went to bed and the Widget’s were missing from the OS integration AND inside the app. Additionally non of the devices were responding. After a lot of restarting I finally managed to get everything to shut down but the Widget’s are still missing.

I use this as a quick method before bed and it does not need my glasses and opening the app. It is missing for all iOS 24 users only?