SmartThings iOS app update 1.6.94 (January 12 2023)

Ok, they have definitely changed something. It looks like you can now use the app while things are loading. If you go into a device before it’s updated you’ll see this at the bottom. 100% better way to do it.

3 Likes

Def a significant improvement with responsiveness!

1 Like

Another win for iOS I noticed earlier: you can add a Matter device via NFC. Android only allows the code.

2 Likes

Can someone do Hue Bridge integrate with matter code ?

I’m receiving a error code 05-300:

Maybe that explains why I’ve received multiple complaints that the temperature/humidity values displayed on the dashboard don’t always match the values displayed on the device details screen…

1 Like

It has fixed an issue I have had since October and the response time is back to what I had before the last update

6 posts were split to a new topic: Alternative iOS presence?

Is anyone else having issues with using iPhone as presence sensor now? Mine isn’t working now since update. Wife’s iPhone still works as she hasn’t updated yet.

Mine is working

Both of ours are working

Hmm. Wonder why mine has suddenly stopped. I’ve always used it without issues until this update.

It appears you can’t delete a device anymore. :thinking: The option is no longer there on the edit screen.

Here mate. Stumbled upon it by accident. I like it.

1 Like

You can also tap on the 3 dots in a room and select remove device. On favorites screen, 3 dots, edit favorites.

But the popover still appears for me as noted above in the Room view.

It did disappear when you open a device, tap 3 dots and select Edit. I noticed that a few days ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another game of “where did they move XYZ feature?”

2 Likes

My smart apps / custom montioring are not working anymore. I’ve reinstalled the app a few times and also rebooted the hub.

When I go to create a smart app at the end it says Something went wrong.

Please try to install the SmartApp again.

Even the ones that were previously created are not running.

Am I the only one?

See the following:

Why Did My Integration/SmartApp Stop Working in January 2023?

Smartapp labels have gone all wonky this morning :grimacing:

In previous versions I was able to edit a devices settings with a routine while not affecting its on/off status, but that seems to have changed with this update. In the attached image you’ll notice that all of the devices I adjust the default dimness level, with the exception of Laundry Room Light which I installed yesterday in the new app version. For this device if I deselect the on/off status it won’t allow me to select any settings to change. This is a step backwards, and should be remedied. Does anyone know how we bring this to Samsung’s attention?

You’d have to report it as a bug through an official support channel.

1 Like