SmartThings in Croatia?

Hello,

I am reading this community and searching where to buy for best price SmartThings hub but I need to ask - any users from Croatia?

I contacted Samsung Croatia, and SmartThings is not available here. So I am not sure will it even work here (aside power adapters and so)… I have alternative (like Fibaro) - but in all my reasearch, ST is the best with most supported devices…

I am moving into new apartment, so I need a project to do :slight_smile:

Thanks!

And from where it is safe to buy ST? I can imagine USA is not good for me, because of frequencies, correct?

You’re correct that the US hub’s z-wave controller works on a different frequency than the hub sold in the UK. The UK hub uses the same z-wave frequency as the EU. You should be able to find which frequency is approved for use in croatia with a google search, if you don’t already know.

Some people do use hubs that operate on frequencies that are not approved in their countries. It would be prudent to research the potential legal ramifications of doing so, which would differ from country to country.

Even for those people that do decide that it’s a trivial or non-existent risk, it can be hard to buy z-wave devices that are intended for use in another region. Or in the case of mains powered light or appliance switches, they may not be rated for the voltage in other regions.

@marktheknife thanks for answering… yes, I found this. So it should be just fine buying it from Amazon UK… Only problem for now it is expensive… with postage is around 240 GBP… And ones for 60 GBP do not send to Croatia, don’t know why…

CEPT* - 868.40 MHz, 869.85 MHz - 230 V - 50 V

CEPT is the European regional organisation dealing with postal and telecommunications issues and presently has 45 Members: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vatican.