SmartThings Hub Version 2.0

Oh come on. Even I could edit that… The crappy LG cell phone video, clearly staged.

I bet that wasn’t even your hub. Could have been a prop. Love the flashing blue led. Nice touch…

Who did you pay off screen to flip the light switch on and off? Was it Ben?

Also, the shadows are all wrong. I bet that was just a green screen.

That ethernet cable, come on, wasn’t even attached at the other end.

Also, notice that the focus is fixed for bot the hub and bulb… That isn’t possible with a crappy LG phone. Clearly two separate videos mixed together.

Ultimately, you had hours to prove it. I will give you props for putting this sham together so quickly.

(AND THIS IS ALL SARCASM)

Now, we have the first verifiable proof that the hub v2 is actually capable of local processing without internet connection or power.

Tim, you are awesome…

14 Likes

I used the guys that faked the Lunar Landing :wink:

16 Likes

Awesome

2 Likes

#Question: @slagle

Can we make actions happen when we lost the internet connection? let me explain myself:

if the internet goes out,turn on te siren to warm me.

if the hub is runnig on battery, send me a push notification telling me the power is out

etc

Edit: If we cant, this is a good suggestion for a future update :smile:

1 Like

Great idea unless you have Comcast , then the siren will be going off 3-4 times a day. You will quickly turn into " that guy". The one whose alarm is going off at 3am and he is the only one in the neighborhood that doesn’t hear it.

4 Likes

Good ideas! i’ll put it on my list of suggestions I’ve collected this weekend :smile:

3 Likes

was just an example to ask if we can do actions based on internet/battery status

I do appreciate the video, but if I can go Penn and Teller for a moment, you guys know you can do that now with the V1 hub, right? Just have a ZigBee sensor bound to a ZigBee bulb or a zwave sensor associated to a zwave switch. No Internet required for basic on/off if both devices are the same protocol. :smirk:

Now if you get an Aeon Minimote to turn a GE link bulb on and off without Internet, I’ll be impressed.

Just sayin’…

4 Likes

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase :innocent:

Are all the issues resolved in the new hub? By issues I mean motion alerts going off no matter what the mode is, my alarm going off when it’s not suppose to be when motion is detected, modes not changing based off time when they are supposed to, etc?

I updated to the new app and the issues are still present with V1. Unless those are fixed in V2, then it’s pointless for me to upgrade. All these issues are getting to a point where I will have to just unplug my SmartThings until it gets fixed.

No. From a user perspective, platform-wise, nothing has changed. (Well… actually, some new things are broken. I haven’t seen any old issues fixed yet.) Because the feature of the new hub (local processing) is so incredibly limited right now, it’s really a non-factor.

It might be pointless for you, then. (I’m not being sarcastic.)

That’s hilarious. The only way I can get my Links to turn on/off that quickly with Wink is to physically flip the light switch :smiley:

So looking forward to this…

1 Like

No doubt, having similar issues but good luck getting anyone at ST to listen and do anything about it, even with an open support ticket.

I’m sure they are looking into it… along with the thousands of other tickets that have been opened over the last few days since the release of version 2.

There was always going to be a surge in support requests with two major app updates like this (iOS and Android), I’m sure they’ve got all of the tickets, they’re just going to take a (maybe much) longer time to get round too for a while until normal levels of support requests resume.

A little more patience is required on our behalf during these times.

1 Like

Can someone confirm if the new hub has a Gen 5 zwave chip inside?

Yes it does.

3 Likes

Conformance statement showing zwave plus now posted on the official Z-Wave Alliance products website dated September 3, 2015. :sunglasses:

Apple didn’t even talk about homekit today, it makes smartthings v2 a better and better choice I think

3 Likes

In the event of a power outage, how fast is the transition from AC to Battery?

It happens right away.