SmartThings Hub Version 2.0

3 Likes

Thanks, Ben. I’ve sent a message to support about this too.

1 Like

With my current rate of one dropping Zwave device a week, I am wondering if V2 is more reliable in maintaining the mesh and managing devices.

If it turns out to be a zwave plus controller, it will have longer range, faster zwave communication and stronger signal than V1. So that would only help. We’ll see.

1 Like

I never got a copy of the confirmation for my preorder, did my order go through?

Also how are the hbs being shipped?

1 Like

That’s not good! Send an email to support@smartthings.com and they’ll be able to figure out what happened.

In a cardboard box with a shipping label?! That’s my guess

6 Likes

Is this pre-order only for US people? And will there ever be a EU/UK launch?

1 Like

EU/UK Launch coming very soon

1 Like

“Very soon” has never been officially promised that I know of, has it? “Eventually” would likely be a better way to set your expectations.

1 Like

it will be in a few weeks :wink:

2 Likes

They must be shipping. My credit card was charged this morning and they stated on the site that they would only charge your card when it shipped.

Yippee !

Where did you order it from? Let me know if you get any notices. I pre-ordered from Amazon but didn’t get charged yet.

I just checked my Amazon pre-order and no change as well. Not shipped and no delivery estimate. Credit card has not been charged.

Amazon doesn’t charge until the item is shipped. I did the bundle deal view ST and was charged right away as well. It never said anything about delaying the charge until the hub is shipped.

I really wish there was some indication of when these would be shipping. Is it a matter of days or months? If we’re talking a month or more, I’ll just buy a V1.

I purchased the bundle at SmartThings.

This paragraph is in my order confirmation:

Please review and retain the following order information for your records. To access this order, log into “My Account” at Shop.SmartThings.com.
Your order will be shipped once all items are in stock, at which point your credit card will be charged.

My credit card has a “Pending Transaction” from the ST Store, but not a real charge yet.

Samsung’s store shows shipping in 10-14 business:
Samsung SmartThings Hub - F-H-ETH-001
Product will ship in 10 - 14 business days

Has there been any mention of which cameras will work with the v2 hub? I really want that and have had issues with foscam.

2 Likes