SmartThings Hub Version 2.0

I just had by hub and 2 moisture sensors delivered by FedEx this evening. I found this thread last night. Had I known a version 2.0 was around the corner I would have waited on the purchase. Is it just the hub that is changing or are the SmartSense Moisture sensors changing too? I haven’t even opened the box yet.

1 Like

So looks like Multi, Presence, and Motion only will be changing.

That’s what’s been announced so far. New models come out all the time, though, you never know for sure.

No new moisture sensor planned for this upcoming device refresh.

I am new at this so please forgive me if I am wrong, but is this the new Presence Sensor?
https://shop.smartthings.com/#!/products/smartsense-presence

Yes that is the new one the old one was egg shaped.

Ok, I thought the refresh would be released all at one time. But it looks like they could release the different devices at different times. Has this been stated or confirmed by any one at ST?

The “new” presence sensor is an update to the enclosure. The board on the inside is the same.

We’ve launched the “new” presence sensor quietly as we ran out of inventory of the previous version.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. Excited to try out the culmination of ST hard work when the new devices are ready!

how do i get my hands on a v2 hub ?

thanks

Get hired by SmartThings. :wink:

Employees are beta testing v2 units, but none as yet are available for sale.

2 Likes

Apparently there is a box of hundred v2 hubs at their office. There should not be a problem bypassing the security right at sunrise or sunset.
Kidding aside. V2 is not out yet.

5 Likes

The box was already pilfered!

3 Likes

If ST were a government branch, we’d be able to bypass security, get a V2 hub, and all of the employee personal information.

5 Likes

@Navat604, you get the award for subtlest humor at ST’s expense :smiley: lol

1 Like

they wont hire me, i like to play with stuff and complain about things not done right… :wink:

3 Likes

Tried that, set of the SmartSense motion sensor that triggered the Strobe alarm, turned all the lighst on and sent all employees an email alert :wink:

I dunno, that sounds like most of the ST employees I’ve heard of. Most tech employees in general, for that matter! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You’re perfect for QA job. :smile:

2 Likes