SmartThings Hub Version 2.0

I have added a new thread specifically to discuss ordering and fulfillment issues for the new generation of hardware. I think as we move past the official announcement date, there is enough conversation on those specifics to warrant its own area: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

LOL, you’ve got to calm down a bit.

verb
verb: pre-order
order (an item of merchandise) before it is available, with the understanding that it will be shipped later.

Not sure where you picked up your expectations of what a pre-order is.

2 Likes

Agreed, some of these folks are out of control. It’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

Will GE Link bulbs run locally or will they still run in the cloud ?

1 Like

Are we there? Are we there yet? Are we there now? Patience, my friend! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hub 2 Backordered vs ships 5-7 days

Mine run locally :smile:

1 Like

Prove it. No offense Tim, but seriously, how can you tell? I want video proof. Pull the ethernet cable and use a multi sensor contact open close to turn on off a ge bulb without the hub connected to the internet.

8 Likes

Ask and you shall receive.

21 Likes

That is hilarious!!! Way to go Tim!

3 Likes

Thanks Tim! You guys keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Impressive :smile: …now make your siren go off under the same scenario and I will be REALLY impressed (and may not cancel my V2 Hub)

What about power on, and Ethernet unplugged, that’s the more likely scenario…

Okay, I should have said “activate your siren”

Battery Power Vs. Mains power… Hub still has power.

Just didn’t feel like pulling my tv stand apart to get the power cable :smile:

4 Likes

You forgot the pretty magician’s assistant waving a big hoop around it to show that there were no wires! =P

1 Like

Oh come on. Even I could edit that… The crappy LG cell phone video, clearly staged.

I bet that wasn’t even your hub. Could have been a prop. Love the flashing blue led. Nice touch…

Who did you pay off screen to flip the light switch on and off? Was it Ben?

Also, the shadows are all wrong. I bet that was just a green screen.

That ethernet cable, come on, wasn’t even attached at the other end.

Also, notice that the focus is fixed for bot the hub and bulb… That isn’t possible with a crappy LG phone. Clearly two separate videos mixed together.

Ultimately, you had hours to prove it. I will give you props for putting this sham together so quickly.

(AND THIS IS ALL SARCASM)

Now, we have the first verifiable proof that the hub v2 is actually capable of local processing without internet connection or power.

Tim, you are awesome…

14 Likes

I used the guys that faked the Lunar Landing :wink:

16 Likes

Awesome

2 Likes

#Question: @slagle

Can we make actions happen when we lost the internet connection? let me explain myself:

if the internet goes out,turn on te siren to warm me.

if the hub is runnig on battery, send me a push notification telling me the power is out

etc

Edit: If we cant, this is a good suggestion for a future update :smile:

1 Like