SmartThings Hub Version 2.0

Speaking of speculations, if I were them I would stop fulfilment untill the app 2.0 madness dies down a little
Happy Labor day! Let the grills sizzle

1 Like

Yes, It is speculation, but Even if ST doesn’t ship my unit when they told me, They could be almost two weeks later and I would still have it before amazon claims to be shipping. And that’s not taking into account that Amazon could ship it later as well. So Yes while it is speculation, I think it warrants extreme frustration.

It is Stupid that Pre-Orders were allowed other places if they wont be given preferential treatment to orders placed after the pre-order timeframe. That is the Whole Purpose of a Pre-Order, to get it first. The unit I ordered on August 17th from Amazon shouldn’t get to me Later than orders from ST’s website that were placed after my order. This is Both Amazon and SmartThings fault. It defeats the purpose of pre-ordering. It’s super frustrating. I would like a response from ST @Ben or someone as to Why they think that it’s ok to offer preferential treatment to their shop. If I had known that would happen(which is different from almost any pre-order ever unless stated) I would have ordered it from ST directly.

Orders made directly should ALWAYS get preference over those ordered through a 3rd party retailer.
First: it shows customers the company wants to take care of their own customers.
Second: ST is not paying A-Z a commission for the units they sell directly. So more $$ in their own pocket.
This is simple business 101 take care of your customers. Let Amazon deal with complaints like yours that they are not shipping them fast enough.

That is the complete opposite of pre-ordering for other items.

“First: it shows customers the company wants to take care of their own customers.”

No it doesn’t, It says if you don’t buy it directly from us we don’t care about you at all.

“Second: ST is not paying A-Z a commission for the units they sell directly. So more $$ in their own pocket.”

While they will make the extra profit margin on orders from their own store, if they keep this up they will piss off amazon for not supporting it’s customers. this is Extremely bad business practice and if you think otherwise you are flat out Wrong. A much Better business practice would be to take care of all your customers regardless of where they purchase your products at. ST makes money by selling more units and getting their name out there, if they’re going to officially allow another company to offer said products before release, they should honor them the same they would from their store. It’s foolish to think that they make less money from Amazon then from their store. Quantity of a new revenue stream that is basically free advertising getting their product out to different users probably easily beats out that extra margin.

This thread has descended into unproductive info devoid whining. Time to close it.

7 Likes

I have added a new thread specifically to discuss ordering and fulfillment issues for the new generation of hardware. I think as we move past the official announcement date, there is enough conversation on those specifics to warrant its own area: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

LOL, you’ve got to calm down a bit.

verb
verb: pre-order
order (an item of merchandise) before it is available, with the understanding that it will be shipped later.

Not sure where you picked up your expectations of what a pre-order is.

2 Likes

Agreed, some of these folks are out of control. It’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

Will GE Link bulbs run locally or will they still run in the cloud ?

1 Like

Are we there? Are we there yet? Are we there now? Patience, my friend! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hub 2 Backordered vs ships 5-7 days

Mine run locally :smile:

1 Like

Prove it. No offense Tim, but seriously, how can you tell? I want video proof. Pull the ethernet cable and use a multi sensor contact open close to turn on off a ge bulb without the hub connected to the internet.

8 Likes

Ask and you shall receive.

21 Likes

That is hilarious!!! Way to go Tim!

3 Likes

Thanks Tim! You guys keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Impressive :smile: 
now make your siren go off under the same scenario and I will be REALLY impressed (and may not cancel my V2 Hub)

What about power on, and Ethernet unplugged, that’s the more likely scenario

Okay, I should have said “activate your siren”

Battery Power Vs. Mains power
 Hub still has power.

Just didn’t feel like pulling my tv stand apart to get the power cable :smile:

4 Likes