Smartthings hub 2 - European frequency 868Mhz

I’m living in The Netherlands and am interested in an European version, do you still have one for sale?

I can’t find the option to send a PM…

Hi guys,

anyone able to tell what server is used to create the account when installing the hub in Europe but not in UK? I’m wondering about this because of Oauth process.
i want to buy a hub v2 from UK and use it in different country and also i’m interested in Philips Hue, harmony hub and Echo which are using the oauth process in order to gain access to each other.
also i’m interested if the IFTTT is working for you, outside UK and US.

thank you!

The Hub connects to the server of the country of origin. If you buy a UK Hub, you will only see devices available in the UK Marketplace (and vice versa for US Hubs).

**big caveat - hardware warranties are pretty much voided once taken out of the country.

Echo doesn’t have a UK Oauth route so that integration will only be with a US account. The others are good. I migrated from v1 US to v2 UK, I do miss the Echo part to play with but overall feel ok about the switch. Still a very odd architecture choice to have regional differences in my opinion. You connect to the UK IDE, which ironically is eu-graph… Or similar

My UK purchased hub(s) will be returned to UK if there is any problem with them in their warranty period.

Hi,

I just joined the forum. Is there any idea when the ST2 hub will arrive in the Netherlands? I am not able to find any UK version that ships to the netherlands.

Regards, Martijn

I have the question for availability in germany.

wbr
Lothar

i have waited for a long time in France for the Smarthings hub but its not available yet , so recently i bought Smartthings V2 UK hub from eBay and its works great here and all my zwave devices are working well …Fibaro wall plug,Fibaro Smoke sensor,Fibaro water Sensor ,Everspring Siren ,Everspring mini wall plug …etc…

Umar

1 Like

I’m in Portugal, bought Smartthings V2 UK.

Using Fibaro RGB, SONOS, Harmony Hub and a Samsung Motion Sensor (that came from the States) , every thing works great.

2 Likes

I purchased the US version of the hub but have UK zwave stuff wired up. Is there a hack or change that can be done to the US hub to support UK?

Unfortunately no. The antenna frequency is set at the time of manufacture and cannot be changed afterwards. This is in part because some countries limit which frequencies can legally be used there, and it was just easier for the company that licenses all zwave chips to assign just one region frequency to each. Probably the best thing is to return the US frequency hub and buy one with the UK frequency.

Tried but support said no as I purchased it while visiting the US and it’s hard to cough up again for another in the UK. Anything you might be able to do?

I’ll think you’ll find as the UK is still part of the EU (just) the warranty will remain valid across the EU and a minimum of 2 years EU Guarantees

quoting samsung themselves Samsung UK

Consumers who are using a product in a country in the European Economic Area and Switzerland (“Europe”) which was first purchased in another country in Europe can obtain warranty services. The period of the warranty and the warranty service provided will be those of the country in Europe where the warranty claim is made.

Heres a thought re mixing i.e. using UK and US Z-Wave devices in the same environment.

Lets say your in the UK with a UK hub, if you create a separate ST account for the US hub, couldnt you use something like IFTTT or Alexa even to execute commands to the devices on it?

While the devices connected to each hub wouldnt talk to each other, it would at least get the automation on the 2nd hub functional. Would that work does anyone know?

It can sort of work, but probably not exactly the way you’re envisioning.

You can see discussion of exactly this kind of configuration, except assuming that both hubs are UK or both are US, in the community created wiki article on how to automate an outbuilding. The issues are the same if it’s one hub of each frequency.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Automate_an_Outbuilding

We should also note that it may be illegal to use the US frequency of the wave in the UK, as it does overlap with some band used for mobile communications. There’s a reason why the frequencies are distinct.

Thanks for the link and response. Very interesting. Im wondering instead of a 2nd ST hub, I go for the Harmony Home Hub Extender to add the US Z-Wave into the one environment…Understood re frequencies, Ill check that out.

RThe Harmony Hub extender is really limited compared to what most people using SmartThings are used to.

Very very limited scheduling, and limited reporting from the end devices. There’s an IFTTT channel, but only for “That,” no “If.” Works well for setting up a home theater room where you want to combine motion sensors, lights, and the AV equipment. But not really home automation the way most people think of it.

For example, you can set up a sleep timer that will turn everything off after 30 minutes, but you have to manually start the timer each time you want to use it.

And no notifications of any kind.

So this is one where it does what it says it does, but most people coming from SmartThings would read the product description and think it did something else.

Hi @thedezza

I was reading this (older) thread but wondered whether you still have the 2nd ST v2 UK version lying around idle?

Do let me know if you do!

Sorry I don’t, it was sold. I have a v1 US version, where are you based then?

I am based in Europe so the US version won´t work with ZWEU accessories.
Thank you for answering

comprei o meu ST2 mas a versão US e agora não consigo emparelhar um Fibaro Wall Plug. Algum dos devices que refere usam a frequência US? Não teve problemas dado que a frequência de UK é diferente?