Smartthings give me back my dashboard and shortcuts

I still have Dashboard Pages that were installed on V1. No different today.

I have V2 hub so i guess your lucky.

V2 hub and Android here. Still have my SHM.

Same config, I still have my legacy dashboard group.

1 Like

Same here

Now when you tap the dashboard button it takes you straight to SHM not the old dashboard that had SHM on it.

I guess they did this for people with v2 hubs and not other items on the dashboard.

Itā€™s better because I donā€™t have to tap twice to get to SHM. But I still want the old or new dashboard functions. I still donā€™t understand why they had to get rid of them without a replacement.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s nice to have a quick way to get to SHM. Would have been great a couple days ago when I set off my alarm (completely my fault, while I was in a sleepy haze)

I have dashboard for my V2 hub but any new device doesnā€™t show up.
I have no dashboard for V1 hub because I reinstalled at work after upgrade to V2.

Basically when Smart Things removed this it no longer exists for any new devices or setups. Anything you had before they pulled the rug out seems to still remain and work, not sure for how long.

1 Like

I upgraded the app on my phone but still have the version 1 hub. All of my features and functions still work but the new app is a major pain to navigate. I would only reiterate what others have said.

Iā€™ve developed at least 10 apps and have 40+ devices in my house and for now, Iā€™m not going to upgrade to the new hub. There is no way, given the current state, i can give up the automation options I have open to me.

I am also installing version 2 hubs for customers (yes customers) and we present them with our own app. So far, Its been painfulā€¦ simple tasks that I have on my account are not available on their account. For example, turn on the lights when there is motion and then off when no motion after x minutes.

Basically it appears like all of the ST ā€œquickā€ actions are completely gone. OR did I miss them in the new app? The market place appears to only have custom written apps from 3rd party guysā€¦ only a few are present from ST.

Iā€™m left wonderingā€¦ should I just go head and write my own apps that ā€œwereā€ there from ST???

I have a few that customers really need customization immediatelyā€¦ rrrrrr!!!

Thoughts?

Yes, you did. Itā€™s called Smart Lighting. All of those features are supported.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve gone through that already. That app has major shortcomings and doesnā€™t come close to replacing what we had before.

1 Like

Can you say what feature you need that it lacks?

@bravenel Are you messing with me :smile:

1. I would like to turn off a light after 5 minutes - havenā€™t seen that one.
  2. With all of the configurations, where is the setting to also allow for a ā€œgrace periodā€. Grace period is there to make sure that the device didnā€™t disappear for a few minutes.
  3. Turn off the lights when people depart

These are the 3 big items that I need.

For the last one, setup a routine that turns off whatever lights you want when everyone leaves.

Turn off some minutes is there. I have no idea what ā€œgrace periodā€ is about. Thatā€™s never been a feature of ST.

In the smart apps on my phone i am able to set the lights to be controlled by a motion sensor as your requested same with the presence sensor. It does say however on my phone in parenthesis ( beta: not yet supported for local execution) not sure if that restricts it to the cloud or if it would be causing your issue. Start a support ticket or a chatā€¦ Wait the chat has been disabled since V2ā€™s release.

@bravenel A good example - when you leave, you have the option to delay an action. This is the same thing Iā€™m looking for. @baldeagle072, this might work.

What Iā€™m starting to notice - the things weā€™ve done in the past are scattered and new techniques need to be used. That is a bit unfortunateā€¦ the cheese has been moved.

This has been more painful to be honestā€¦ I wish a conference call would have taken place or something with a demo on what we should expect. Its not likely most of us are just normal users. Maybe that is a suggestion to the ST team.

Iā€™m still looking for the same features we had beforeā€¦

The best support we receive is on these threads to be honest.

2 Likes

I give up folks. ST doesnā€™t care. Iā€™ve just called it quits until they finally get their act together and started leaving negative reviews everywhere I can. It looks like quite a few people have already beat me to it.

@HillbillySUV Iā€™m going to remain positive for now. Weā€™ve decided to branch out an make our own ST dashboard. We just need the platform to be stable. Hang in there. With a little luck ST staff will give us a little more attention.

I wish you well. Since Iā€™m stuck with this stuff (Iā€™m way past the 30 days to return it) Iā€™d be happy to try your app when itā€™s finished. What is it called?

1 Like