[OBSOLETE] Smartthings-for-Broadlink-RM-Pro - Smartthings Handler for Broadlink RM Pro using RM Plugin, RM Bridge & Home Assistant

I have Homeassistant working to communicate to my broad link. However, i’m stuck on getting Smartthings to work.

I tried following the instructions as follows:

Name	                        Type	    Value
body_data_for_ha	            text	   switch.wired_led_1
id_pw	                        text	
internal_ip	                    text	   192.168.1.111
internal_off_path	            text	   /api/services/switch/turn_off?api_password=abcdefg!
internal_on_path	            text	   /api/services/switch/turn_on?api_password=abcdefg!
internal_port	                text	   8123

Any suggestions or helpful hints on what I should do?
The home assistant ip is 192.168.1.111
The password is abcdefg!
My home assistant is using SSL on port 8123

I just got it working on Pi3 and there is a trick for
body_data_for_ha

Check the log in home assistant when you trigger the on/off action and make sure body_data_for_ha matches what is logged I found home assistant is using a different name than I defined in configuration.yaml

I am completely new to hass and have not even defined a password

Is there a simple momentary push button with “Pushed” capabiilty that someone can create?
The existing one does not work well and causes random on/off due to undefined states

After the above step, whats next? I already have remotes and even macros configure on my rm plugin…how could i integrate it to ST?

1 Like

Hi, can u share how did u do it?

What RM plugin do you use? I am using the basic free one RM Bridge. I am not sure about the macros and everything you have already configured and how they will work.

With the RM Bridge, I followed all the steps for RM Bridge from the OP.

Hi,

I think i got the lifetime RM plugin app… Ive configured my rm pro pretty
good and rm plugin is so far so good… But i am trying to instegrate it
with ST as i still have some things in mind that i cant do with just rm
plugin…can u get me tru how did u integraye it to st…

It has been a while, but I remember it to be simple enough. First I had to add the device type in ide. Then go to devices and assign the device type to the rm pro switches. Then update the properties with IP address and on off commands.

Where u able to execute multiple commands on it or macros? I already tried
to follow the guide once but im not sure how to do it with the other
device…thats whrre my confusion starts…

No I just use it to turn on and off some RF switches. I have a logitech harmony I use for the rest.

hi af950833: i just want to clarify the code part on the internal_on_path: what does each part says?
/send?deviceMac=b4430daabbcc&codeId=44&repeat=4; the /send?deviceMac= is just a copy paste right?
where can i get this values? (b4430daabbcc) ; (codeId) ; the number 44 is what? and lastly the repeat=4 is also what? here is a sample of my code of one of my rf devices from the rm plugin api :

[{“repeat”:0,“order”:0,“sendUrl”:“http://192.168.0.4:9876/send?deviceMac\u003d34ea34cccdeb\u0026codeId\u003d29",“displayName”:"etekcity 1 • ON”,“code”:“b20b320007121206071212060612120606120712061207120612120706121206071212060712061212061206061207121207120606b3000000000000”,“learnedByMac”:“34ea34cccdeb”,“remoteName”:“etekcity 1”,“codeLength”:120,“id”:“29”,“name”:“ON”,“index”:0,“remoteType”:6,“type”:0,“delay”:0},{“repeat”:0,“order”:0,“sendUrl”:“http://192.168.0.4:9876/send?deviceMac\u003d34ea34cccdeb\u0026codeId\u003d30",“displayName”:"etekcity 1 • OFF”,“code”:“b215320007121206071112060711120607110711071107120712120607121206071212060712071112061206120612060712071206b3000000000000”,“learnedByMac”:“34ea34cccdeb”,“remoteName”:“etekcity 1”,“codeLength”:120,“id”:“30”,“name”:“OFF”,“index”:1,“remoteType”:6,“type”:0,“delay”:0},{“repeat”:0,“order”:0,“sendUrl”:“http://192.168.0.4:9876/send?deviceMac\u003d34ea34cccdeb\u0026codeId\u003d31","displayName

the main question here is what values should i use for the required parameters…thanks a lot…

Hi. I have managed to get the bridge working on an android device, ive got a switch appearing on smartthings and its discovered the device ive created which in turn can be found and controlled by alexa. ive even also managed (after much tweaking with the 908 bytes issue) to get my RF code to work with my device which i have tested and saved. I can use that code to turn my device on (cant get an off code to work tho!).
However the smarthings switch ive created does nothing.
Im guessing i need to copy the code i made for the rf device into the device handler text somewhere??
Or am i missing something?

Basically everything went as is should as i followed the plan but it just doesnt work!!
Please help

Thanks lots in advance

So is this the only way to use the RM Pro? After bouncing around a bunch of threads this seems to be the only one possibly working.

What’s the hurdle for getting direct RM Pro integration with smartthings? This would be an awesome economical way to automate 6 fans / lights!

Thanks!

1 Like

+1 with regard Kevin’s comment. Is the bridge the only way to go on this?

Go to your switch in smartthings app and click configure buton on the top right corner.

Then you will see fields to put ip to your bridge, port (default 9876) and on / off commands in format like:

/send?deviceMac=B4:43:0D:D1:0E:1B&codeId=119w

Don”t remember if it was exactly the same for original handler, but for sure for my version is that way.

Ok thanks. So the below bit…

/send?deviceMac=B4:43:0D:D1:0E:1B&codeId=119w

Is that part of the generated rf code or do i copy the whole lot because its huge!!

Thanks lots for the reply, sorry im so crap at this

Is the MAC address of your Broadlink RM.
You can easilly take it from:

1. Broadlink eControl App. On top right you have “+” button, and pick “Devices List”, and you should see it.
  2. or Rm Plugin - Devices List.

“119w” is the codeId of one of the learned codes which you have learnt your broandlink.
You should check it in “RM plugin” or “Rm Bridge” (on Android device) depending which one you use.

I use RM plugin and you can check it in "Code List.

Ok im slowly getting there now. Must i put these into the code or can i put them in using the settings in the ST app?

I take it the generated RF code is just remembered by the bridge and neednt be used in the actaul programing of the devie then?

Just so you know, I have used Becky Onuschak method, detailed here: Broadlink-RM-SmartThings-Alexa by beckyricha
and it works perfectly fine. I used RM Pro, RM bridge app (running on a Raspberry Pi 3 with android 7.1 installed). I used this to control newly installed motorized roller shades (had shades in place, bought a bunch of DIY kits off amazon and fitted them). Using IFTTT, I am now able to control shades with voice (If Google assistant then Smartthings switch). I even got a bit cocky and changed the DH written by Becky to reflect “open” and “close” status instead of on and off, since I am not using DH for any other purpose. You can even modify the icon in the SmartThings app to be curtains!
The only suggestion from Becky’s recommendation, is to always wait a second before pushing your remote buttons, whether you are doing the frequency scan or learn code tasks.
My only regret is that since these are not really smart switches, they don’t report back the status of the shades.

2 Likes

May i ask which “bunch of DIY kits off amazon” you used? Sounds like a project I would love to try!