SmartThings Decal

Wasn’t sure where to post this, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts of a SmartThings decal to paste on windows to be seen from the outside, sort of like how security systems have (i.e. This Home protected by SmartThings). Or maybe like a yard sign or something of that sort would be nice to display to possible intruders that this home is being monitored. Anyone have any ideas or wondered the same thing?

5 Likes

What would be the point? If you want to deter a would be burglar, you may want a sign that has at least some credibility among burglars or better yet install some fake security cameras :smile:

1 Like

@geko. Already there! :smile:

Yea I guess its not too credible as a security standpoint.

Also if at all there is a decal… Probably ST will be paying me half the dough as royalty my alias being “smart”. :wink:

Of course to each their own but i would not want to put anything on my home warning the bad guys. I have a few things in my home that I would like the bad guys to run into without warning :slight_smile: should make for some nice stories. The same for sirens. Sirens should be active when you’re home. For example you have a siren set to go off if your door or windows are opened in goodnight mode. This alert is meant for you so that you can be alert and ready to take whatever action you need to take.

I just want to show off to the world that I have a SmartHome!!! :wink:

Make a bumper sticker :smile:

http://www.vistaprint.com/bumper-stickers.aspx

1 Like

@geko please add 50$ towards me. Each person -multiple licenses as a royalty as they will be using my alias. :slight_smile:

Have you registered a trademark? If not, back off buddy. :smile:

1 Like

Damn! :wink: 20.5 characters

My home is protected by 2 killer Beagles, but they don’t brag.

1 Like

I’d have mine read “Home Protected by (INSERT NAME OF SUBJECT)”

I have generic signage that helps make my apartment a little less desirable as a break-in target and also helps the maintenance folks know that I am watching them. I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018HYUUKU

3 Likes

Frankly, these “Protected By” signs are primarily advertising by the vendor (ADT, Bay Alarm, etc.).

Sure… it does have deterrent effect to say that you have an alarm system, but, IMHO, in order to maximize security, no information regarding the brand and type of system should be disclosed to potential intruders.

1 Like