SmartThings / D-Link Success Story

V1 hubs do not support cameras, only the V2 hubs

1 Like

The only way they are connected in my setup is that I have my cameras plugged into Z-Wave switches so that I can turn them off when Iā€™m working outside.

txsarge,

I appreciate your advice on cameras from Dec. I finally pulled the trigger on the DCS-5222LB. I can log log into it from the LAN it is on and see a simple console that allows me to pan and tilt, etc. I can see live video from the smarttings app on my Android phone. But I cannot get the dlinkLite app to work on my Android phone, it does not find the camera, and I can not control the camera from the smartthings app - no pan or tilt. What am I missing? Is there a SmartApp that works well with this camera - allowing pan, tilt, capture, etc.

I have not yet attempted to get it trigger off of motion, record, take snapshots, etc. Where should I look?

Greatly appreciated!

@peter132 Have you done any firmware updates? Have you deleted the app and reinstalled the app? I use the iOS app but my dad has the Android app and he has not had any issues.

The firmware has been updated and I think I know why the dlinkLite app is not working. Iā€™ll check that this weekend. What I still am confused about is the Smartthings app. It seems only to be able to show me live video from the camera, no ability to take a snapshot, pan, tilt, or access any settings. I followed the menus to the Dlink, 5222LB, etc. Is there a different smartapp with more features than the one I used by following the menus? Thanks, Peter

@peter132 Not sure what the issue is but I just took mine off line. I am in the process of moving it someplace else in my house. So Once get it back up and running I will get back with you.

@peter132 did you get your camera working?

txsarge, thanks for askingā€¦

The camera (dLink 5222lb2) is working so well I bought another one. I primarily use the dLink app to remotely manipulate the cameras and monitor the camerasā€™ streams. I use the SmartThings app to switch on the cameras via a couple of Leviton VRPA1-1LW Plug-in Appliance Modules and automate the switching on and off, but the actual manipulation of the cameras does not seem available at all, and the viewing is very, very limited. Is there a SmartThings app or something I can use to do these things so I do not also have to use the dLink app? Also, is there a way using SmartThings to trigger things when the cameras detect motion?

Thanks, Peter