Smartthings clothing care

Actually I do have a washer, and I do have a UK account.

But this explains a lot:

Distracting? I would say disturbing

Anyhow, why this video doesn’t contain the part, where you try again and again, because the piece of s
 is not connecting to the WiFi. And you have to try it again, and it still doesn’t do that. And then you swear, but that doesn’t help neither. Turning of the 5Ghz WiFi network as the next step, but it still doesn’t connect. The real length of the video should be about 30 minutes at least, if we want to be realistic.

If they get that far down the page they’ve already missed the first two headers both being ‘My care’.

2 Likes

That must have passed through QA as well, again as @blake.arnold said.

So, is there any QA? - That’s my rhetorical question.

Hi,

Well, you guys are lucky, the majority of the SmarApps are available in your region (US). Where I live (Costa Rica) there is nothing. I have been fighting with Samsung to bring some of the basic SmartApps like the one for the Locks (I do own lock and have to use custom smart apps to make them work) and simply Samsung says sorry but not implemented yet in your region, so imagine how I am feeling when I see this kind of post where you get new thing very often and I know for sure it will take years to become available here (if happens). I was lucky to be on this with the old app and few thing migrated, like the Security SmartApp, because right now is not even listed to add again.

However recently I got a Smarthings Cooking SmartApp listed so I gave it a try but if you ask me if I own any Kitchen smart Appliance, no I don’t, so this seems to be based on region rather than devices you own.

I would love to try that Smartthings Clothing Care as I own a washer and dryer integrated with Smarthings, but guess what, is not available here :-(. I had to fight to make the dryer available here as was not even listed as a device to add, so sometimes I regreat been on Smartthings world.

It does seem particularly strange considering how close Costa Rica historically has been to the US, both politically and economically, that it is outside of the walled garden of Samsung, heck there’s even been talk of representation, and yet a country like Chile is inside the Samsung walled garden, doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes

Yeah! That is the same thought I have been having since I started with Samsung/ Smartthings. We are almost an US state because of that political and economic thing but still a 3rd world country in a all aspects :sob:

If I open the SmartApp section right now to add a new one, I do only see my custom ones. There is nothing else, so if for some strange reason the security SmartApp stop working I can’t added it again meaning all sensors will become an ornament :frowning:

1 Like