"SmartThings Classic" vs "SmartThings (Samsung Connect)"

I got the update last night. Unbelievable. This first major update and all they’ve done is to make it “pretty” and more “user friendly”. None of the shortcomings (ie. classic functionality) has been addressed. If I try accessing my Lyric water sensors I crash the app!

You can reorder rooms now

1 Like

As I said, purely cosmetic changes. Nothing that improves functionality.

This new app has completely screwed everything up. Half of my devices aren’t connected (work fine in classic) and now I can’t edit or delete scenes in this version or the classic version. Plus I really don’t like the look

I basically have to start from scratch with all my advanced setting

This release brings you a fresh new look and a streamlined view of your home, while keeping all the features used to monitor, control, and automate your home from anywhere in the world. We’ve also simplified the process for finding new devices to add.
To learn more about these changes, please see the “How to use” menu in the app.

Dont shoot the messenger

2 Likes

Reordering rooms is good!

1 Like

Yup, i can now clearly see that market research absolutely does not work, UI design has no place in this version and whoever signed this off for release prefers the kinder garden look, jasus, even the crap previous version looked better than … errr, THAT… bllaaahhhhhh its orible

I cant find where you edit the geofence. Can you please show me where is that geolocation option?

In STSC, click on the Devices tab, make sure your Home Location is selected in the upper bar in the center and not All Devices, then click on the 3 dots in the upper right of the screen, select Edit, then click on your hub in the list. Click on the location field…

1 Like

Thanks. Now lets see if it works!

Trying out an experiment this week. Disabled ST classic on my phone and using only the new updated app. Seeing how long it takes me to be frustrated by it. Also doing the same for the not so techsavy people in the house to see if they find it easier to use than the old version.

3 Likes

Definately a worthwhile experiment Neal

1 Like

Update from the first 5 mins. Already having issues. From the main dashboard the + button and the 3 vertical dots just opens a blank menu. Sigh.

1 Like

You should be seeing

Yep, but, it’s not displaying for me. I’ll try clearing out the app cache later. Currently only the hamburger menu works. Also… how do you access SHM or the new app equivalent?

Not sure tbh Neal, i disabled it in the previous version as i prefered the classic version

1 Like

SHM in the Classic and STSC apps are two completely separate Smartapps. Meaning if you change the status in one does not change the status in the other. To add SHM in STSC, go to Automations > click on the + sign in the upper left and select Smart Home Monitor. Then it will appear in the dashboard. Not familiar with 1.17.27-25 yet so not sure if things have changed there.

Thank you! I do know they are separate (been following all the threads for a long time now). I really just want to see if I can live with the new app on a daily basis or if it becomes a frustrating mess.

1 Like

Just remember, if an alarm goes off that you need to go in both to dismiss and clear the alert.

Yep! Will keep it in mind.