"SmartThings Classic" vs "SmartThings (Samsung Connect)"

Definitely understandable, with smart home products being used widely and I remember reading an article saying domestic abuse using smart home products was on the rise. Would be nice if it armed using geolocation though.

1 Like

My arrival sensors are available to choose. The tracker is not.

I should have checked again, it is available now. I didn’t have my presence sensors listed when I first tried it.

What’s interesting is the reminder option isn’t available on initial setup. You have to go back in and edit your existing settings for it to come up as an option.

2 Likes

@RightHand is the reminder working for you? Didn’t work for me this morning.

Yeah it did work today.

OMG, Samsung!
HOw the #@$%^ are we supposed to use this new app?

I finally decided to check it out today, but wow…what a mess.

In the Classic app, I have everything all nicely organized in my rooms (Groups), but in the new app, there is a whole bunch of stuff that appears to be ‘homeless’, and is just scattered here and there like nobody’s paying attention.

So, is this just a matter of me needing to take the time to learn how it works, or is it actually the piece of junk it appears to be at first glance?

3 Likes

Option 2 im afraid

And to add insult to injury some tasks/devices only work in the new app and ditto old app

1 Like

Room organization between the two apps should match. If they don’t, contact support and ask them to sync things up.

4 Likes

When I install the Smart Lock Guest Code app in the new app, it notifies me every time a door is unlocked. I don’t want this and I can’t find a setting to change it.
Is there another app i can use to manage codes? This one is junky.

I guess that’s the problem with ‘should’ lol
Thanks, but it was simpler than that…I simply uninstalled it.
Why the heck would I want to fart around with that thing if I don’t have to?

Because there will come a time where you have to. So either contact support now or later.

2 Likes

You can turn off notifications per device in settings.

Haha, OK, cool.
Still, why make the change now if what’s currently being offered is a mess?
Are you kidding me?
I’ll just wait till they force it on us.

4 Likes

That’s true, but I’ve discovered that if you have more than 225 devices you can’t turn off notifications for more than that.

Ha! Hope to have that problem some day. I’m at “only” 140.

1 Like

Right now the new app isn’t syncd with I have in Classic (and the IDE), so it’s not bothering me yet. I just turned off all notifications from the new app.

Support had to sync mine. Was missing random GE switches and dinners.

Thats what I’m waiting for too. Going on 3 weeks now with nobody from ST support addressing my ticket. Again, no big deal since I’m using Classic anyway.

1 Like

Looks like some improvements are rolling out in the new app for Fibaro RGBW controllers, when i say improvements i mean it now actually displays with a few details

2 Likes