"SmartThings Classic" vs "SmartThings (Samsung Connect)"

So @vlad (and anyone else in ST who would think the following suggestion from ST support is outrageous and unacceptable), do you think I would actually delete everything and start over (almost 300 devices) just so I can have a worse experience with the new app? This can’t be a serious suggestion from support!

My favorite part of that reply is the last line about “if this still doesn’t work…” . Seriously? I’m expected to nuke years of setup that’s working just fine in the Classic app, and all I get from support is “seems like” this may work? BTW, I just asked for escalation, and was just told “sorry, but you’re screwed” by your “higher team”.

Are you guys trying to tell me that when the day comes that Classic will be dead that I must delete everything and start over? Count me out if that’s the case.

I’ve been trying to accept and work with the new app, despite all the negative feedback, as well as commit time and effort to make my custom DTH’s work with it, and participate in numerous hub betas. If I have to start over, I might as well put my time and effort into Hubitat.

I’m so angry right now that I’m stopping here because anything I say isn’t gonna be nice. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

@ogiewon, one step closer for me…

13 Likes