Smartthings Classic App update to 2.18.0 broken features

pinging @blake.arnold @Brad_ST for the icon issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @johnconstantelo

1 Like

What if I have a new s10+ phone. Do I need to install 2.17 first, then 2.18ā€¦then 2.19 ?
I think this happens just on some Samsung phones. Maybe a phone factory reset fix the issue.

I would start by working with support@smartthings.com

The community is primarily user to user support, so we can better track the issues if they are logged with a support ticket.

1 Like

Thank you @jody.albritton, I already did it, answer was:

In replies all text above this line is added to the ticket

Hi Liviuaugustin,

This email is to notify you that we have created a support ticket for your request. Kindly note that our reply may be delayed due to a sudden volume increase. We will follow up with you as soon as we can. We deeply appreciate your patience.

In the course of investigating, our team may look at logs from your Hub and devices. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please let us know.

Warm regards,

The SmartThings Team

second email:

Hi Augustin,

Thank you for reaching out to Samsung SmartThings Support.

We are sorry for the issue that you are facing, we would request you to try uninstalling and re-installing the app and if you still face the same issue please write back to us with the screenshots of blank icons.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Syed Abrar
Samsung SmartThings Support
www.smartthings.com

Third email:

Hi there,

Thank you for writing back to us and providing us the screenshots.

This is with regards to the issue that you are facing with the classic app not updating the device icons, we have confirmed it and want to let you know that it is a known issue that is being investigated. We donā€™t have a timeline for a fix at this time but could be in an upcoming version update.

We would request you to keep checking for the app updates and use the latest version of the app and let us know if you have any issues with the new update so that we can further assist you.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please feel free to write back to us for any further assistance.

Regards,
Syed Abrar

4th email:
Hi there,

Thank you for writing back to us.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you can not downgrade the app version we request you to please wait for the app update which will be released soon which will hopefully fix the issue with the app.

We once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Regards,
Syed Abrar
SmartThings Support

I donā€™t know if I am allowed to post the emails content here, If I am not I will erase my post.

I contacted support on December 2019. Now with the new android app, nothing changed (for me). ver. 2.17 works fast and efficiently.

Like I said maybe a factory reset is gonna fix the issue, I will do it soon and I will post the update.
I think this is just a Samsung issue.

FYI: Every time I contacted support it was useless for me. I spent hours on phone or email explaining my hub issues. I have all my calls recorded, so if someone wants to listen how last year I was trying to explain to a CS nice lady what IDE is and how can I see the hub logs.

2 Likes

Support request ticket #850229

With the classic SHM I only have Security and leaks setup to monitor sensors (motion, doors, windows, etc) in stay/away, and for the security system to arm itself when everyone leaves the home, and to disarm when someone arrives home.
With the new app and its STHM, I have automations to keep it in sync with the SHM (DSC Alarm/Envisalink).

Iā€™ve noticed the migration issue is there once per day, and usually in the morning, after the security system is disarmed. I kill the classic app and re-launch it, and then its gone.

1 Like

Canā€™t be Samsung only thing, my wifeā€™s Samsung S6 (yeah I know, its old, but she LOVES the thing), doesnā€™t have any issues with the classic app. I really think it has to do with the android version.

1 Like

Okay, well then, they are aware of the problem! :grin:

1 Like

Android app version 2.19.0 unfortunately didnā€™t fix the missing icons. The bug is still intended to be fixed.

1 Like

Thanks @Brad_ST! - It fixed on my phoneā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

They must have taken 2.19 down. I only have the option to go to 2.18.1. Or did you find the app other then the google play store?

Just checked the play store, version 2.19 is there

I have the Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Pixel and it only version 2.18.1 is available they must be showing it to all devices.

For me Yesterday was 2.19, today 2.18 using Samsung s10+

I added a room the other day and tried to add a picture for it, and found it wasnā€™t working. I tried a dozen times, using an existing image and trying to take a new one. Every time, after selecting the picture it exited the room edit mode and didnā€™t set the picture. I was using 2.18.1.

I just reverted back to 2.17.0 via the apkmirror link (need to uninstall the existing app first), and now it works again.

(2.19 is not available for Android, at least for my Samsung S8)

@jlv, @rtorch, @Augustin, @Paul_James, @RBoy - There is another new update of the Classic App, 2.19.1, saying Fixed device icon loading. For me it is working, but already worked with 2.19.

1 Like

Just updated and tried it. Yup, after many months icons are all back! Yippee! :grin::+1:

2 Likes

I just updated to 2.19.1 on Android. The bug preventing adding a picture to a room or device still exists. :frowning:

But in the few days that I ran 2.17 I was able to update all the rooms I needed to, so I can at least stay on 2.19.1 for a while.

I opened a support ticket with detailed reproduction steps #947668

2 Likes

Thanks @GSzabados I will update it now.

Same for me.

@GSzabados Can you add a picture to a room or device ?