Smartthings Android app update v1.7.63.22 [March 4, 2021]

Thanks @GSzabados. You are right i only read the title :stuck_out_tongue:

Light groups work locally in the latest beta firmware?

No idea. But for Zigbee it should support the Zigbee group which would make things quicker, at least that was the work when it came out first, that is in the works, but no idea how it is ended…

Popcorning will be there doesn’t matter being local or cloud. If it cannot address the devices at the same time then there will be delays, minor ones, but there will be.

Only Zigbee groups and group cast can solve these things completely. Have you got Philips Hue? That supports groups and works really well there. Things come on at the same time in the same group.

Ok i will give it a shot. No hue lights though. I think i found something different in the new update. Wasn’t smartthings find based on bing maps? Because now it is google maps.

Light groups do reduce popcorn affects if all zigbee lights, but they can’t be added to automations.

1 Like

So convenient…

1 Like

yeah, the lack of integration for Light Groups since they were introduced forever ago is very annoying

1 Like

Just tested it. If the lights i add are in the same room they all turn on and off at the same time. If i add lights from other rooms i get pop corning again

Hey @iridris - I’ve got a device running Android 11 as well and have not been able to replicate this after trying quite a bit. Can you DM me with some more details (exact devices you’re seeing this with, app build, and type of device you’re running the ST app on) and we’ll try to work through this together.

Local automations will also help quite a bit with this when out of beta and a little more full featured due to the very low latency.

@blake.arnold Will we get another beta firmware with local execution or a release is coming next?

What basket icon are you talking about?

I did notice today that when pairing devices the name of the device is now presented on a ‘tile’ rather than as just a name. Unfortunately my devices were being re-paired and already had names which were clearly longer than those the tile was designed for. It looked awful.

Don’t know if that is new with this release though, I can’t recall having paired anything for a few weeks.

It looks like the bug still exists where if you don’t select all devices available for STHM components - Security, Smoke, or Leaks - it tells you that no sensors are configured for any of them.

I removed a smoke detector from the list, and this is what happens:

When I select all devices for Smoke, the app is happy again:

Every single day I use this app, the more frustrated I get.

4 Likes

Wondering what phone + android version you guys are using since I cant install this POS app in my A21 using android 10… maybe needs android 11???

I use to have a Note 5 running Android 7, now I’m on a Note 20 running Android 11.