Smartthings Android app update v1.7.51.42

LOL. Not to be argumentative but nope, never gets below high 70s in TX this time of year! Most mornings it starts at 80.

2 Likes

Funny, when you mentioned 107 I figured you were somewhat my neighbor. I saw my home screen say 95 this afternoon at around 2p and laughed
 Last I checked, the temp at SAT was easily over 100F

1 Like

A comfy 68 here in Boston tonight Bros, just sayin’

2 Likes

Hi,
I had an automation that when me and my girlfriend leave the apartment (we use our phones as presence sensors), after 30 seconds the SMH goes to “Arm”, the cameras (connected to z-wave power plugs) turn on, and we receive a notification.

Then, when one of us arrive, the SMH goes to “Disarm”, the cameras are turned off and we receive a notification.

It didn’t work very well.

So no, we just arrived home (5h30am in Portugal) and when we were at the garage we received the notification that SHM was disarmed.
“Oh yeah, it seems that it’s working fine again”

Guess what: When we reach the 6th floor and opened the door, the siren was triggered!

And yes both phones are always with WIFI, LTE and GPS enabled. And in the app too!

Thanks Samsung for making me wake up my neighbors, and for screwing up an app (Smartthings Classic) that used to work well!

Honestly, i’m tired of having issues with the new app and i’m starting to think about not selling it, but throw it to the trash!

3 Likes

If any of you have missed the thermostats’ UX has been updated and now allows 0.5 Celsius steps.

@jelockwood, @mark_cockcroft, @Philippe_Portes, @Richard_Griffiths

1 Like

hi there, thanks for the highlight.

I am on 1.7.51.42 and the problem still exists. Actually
 it’s if I manually set 25.5C on my thermostat, the app will let me do +/- by 1C keeping the .5C but if I enter 25.5C in the editor, I won’t let me valid the entry.

Which version are you using?

I am on the same version. It allows me to set .5 and the Done button is active. And works. The + / - are stepping the value by 0.5 as well.

I am using VID: generic-radiator-thermostat

You might need somehow to get the UX updated.

1 Like

@blake.arnold, mobile presence is still royally hosed. The spamming of these events wreak havoc with Automations, notifications, as well as tripping scenes/devices on/off like a 5 year old playing with a light switch.

What in the world did you guys do to ruin something working just fine, and when will you guys fix this?

3 Likes

It must be your phone gps. It’s working fine on my Pixel 3, just a few minutes slow sometimes when I return. Yesterday it worked perfectly each time entering my zone. Other days not so much.

It’s my wife’s Samsung S20. No GPS issues, no problems with the previous release of the new app, no problems with Google Maps, no problems with Waze, no problems with ANY location based app or service. Just a problem with this latest release of the new app.

3 Likes

I have Samsung S10
I have been having Mobile Presence issues since the last SM update

My arrvial/back home is all messed up
When I arrive home
it changes to Away/Bye within the Same minute. Doesn’t revert back to Arrival/Back Home until 5-10 minutes later.

I have tried everything to see if there is a work-around. Still waiting on Support they must be in a different part of the country.

My wife’s IOS works perfectly fine
mobile presence

It really is about time that the mobile presence exposed the geolocation to users, so at least we’d know what source data was being used. I am not suggesting it be constantly available (although it would be useful) but it should at least be presented when the presence changes.

4 Likes

True dat. I have zero clue why the presence device is suppressed. It doesn’t give you any additional security but I’ll be sad if the real reason is privacy GDPR / CCPA / etc. as that seems like should be something that could be worked around while maintaining compliance. I still have to use the Classic App just to see the status of devices like this one where the new app either doesn’t show anything or shows less.

I’ve also had a lot of issues with the presence after upgrading to this version. One thing I had to do was change the automation timeout to be 2 minutes from 1 minute as I found that at 1 minute it bounced around a lot. The old app had a minimum timeout of 2 minutes (via the web interface Hub settings) and maybe this is why.

Even with that it is slow to get updates sometimes and STHM is even slower to run the automation where I never had these delays on the old app. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes it just doesn’t seem to check the location at all until I open up some app that forcibly checks and then almost immediately it picks it up.

You should see my IDE when my 1 year old is playing with the light switch
 :laughing:

1 Like

Perhaps privacy/security could be part of it, but the ST web client (in beta) shows mobile presence devices, including the latest and greatest “Placeholder” version. It also allows me to move it to a Room. I can see it on the web and IDE, but not the mobile app:

(ignore the unknown status messages. 5 seconds ago they were right, so chalk it up something on ST’s backend and/or the issues being discussed in this thread)

so, its a global issue right? now, any of my pistons that used to use my phone as a presence are not working ;(

btw
i just figured out a basic IFTTT applet its still triggering when i go out or inside my house geofence
weird :s

Did you add the presence sensor for the new app to webCoRE as an available device and add I to your pistons? If it was using the old presence sensor for the Classic app and removed it, then webCoRE would not be see the new presence sensor.

:slight_smile: maybe i was missing somenthing, let me try now. btw,
what about with that new “child device” i found on samsung ide under my phone? do i need to edit my mobile phone from “placeholder” to “mobile presence” or it will not do anything?

No, do not edit. Leave it as placeholder.

1 Like