I have several GE/Jasco Wireless Lighting Control and Appliance Modules, one of them has been acting up for the last couple of months - the status is shown incorrectly.
For the device that is acting up:
- SmartThings always shows it is “on” (except for a brief while when I toggle it using SmartThings)
- SmartTiles always shows it is “off” (except for a brief while when I toggle it using SmartTiles)
- Simple Device viewer’s Events page shows “N/A” with a warning triangle
- Simple Device viewer’s Switches page shows “N/A” with no icon
- It responds to on/off commands from SmartThings app (My Home > Things)
- It responds to on/off commands from SmartTiles
- It turns on as scheduled (sunset-xx minutes)
- It probably turns off as scheduled (9:30pm, usually it is turned off manually before that time, hence my uncertainty)
- The API shows its network ID, shows it as active, with last activity 2 minutes ago (when I was turning it on and off to test)
- The on and off events (scheduled, and from me testing it just now) all show up in the API
A while ago in an attempt to fix it I attempted to replace it (from the SmartThings app) - the app said “Device not considered failed”.
I believe after that I did a Remove (using the SmartThings app), and then re-added it.
I’m certain the hub has been rebooted at least once in the intervening time.
Looking at the details of the device, one thing that differs from another identical device is the Current States field.
A working switch shows:
while the switch I am trying to fix shows:
No states found
Is there anything else I should try before assuming the device is selectively dead?