Smartthings air

Hi folks,

I found a link that points to Smartthings Air, but other than that there doesn’t seem to be any info on what devices (if any) are used. It does mention that it’s a service, but I’m looking to find how it is implemented. where to get a device if needed, how to use, etc…

Thanks,

Bill

I have the feeling that it is only available in Korea

https://www.smartthings.com/partners/smartthings-air

Click on support below that section

@Automated_House generally knows anything samsung

Or @SamsungZell

Or I could have the wrong item :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a service that works with Samsung’s Air Purifiers and is only available in South Korea
https://www.smartthings.com/partners/smartthings-air

2 Likes

You can see this app in the US with an air purifier. The screenshots show it measuring temp and humidity per room, but I have yet to get any temp/humidity sensor to work with the Air service/app. It’s a shame because factoring in humidity/mold risk would be awesome to add. Aeotec added a little AerQ sensor which is pretty cool for triggering mold growth conditions.

Seems to be a common trend for the built in SmartThings services. They work well with Samsung appliances and some specific partners, but hub connected devices don’t work at all. It’s like whomever is the product manager for those services doesn’t even know hub connected devices are a thing. Really unfortunate for things like SmartThings Energy and SmartThings Air where there are lots of hub connected devices that measure energy or air quality parameters they aren’t compatible at all.

1 Like

Nothing more than a failed attempt to force a purchase of a Samsung or partner device to receive a desired functionality…Hate to tell them, it’s not working for the vast majority of us that don’t “buy” into their BS.

They’ve now added it to the US region, but it’s still limited to the Samsung brand air purifiers.

I believe the “smartthings services“ that I’ve checkmarked in the following graphics are the ones that only work for specific brands, mostly Samsung.

2 Likes