SmartThings ADT Panel Central Station Communication Failure?

I’ve been following the status page from smartthings: https://status.smartthings.com/ and they supposed to have identified the issue in ADT end and it should be corrected now.

I’m turning my hub back on。

2:05pm PST - central communication error has re-surfaced (once)

Same-o, same-o circular blame game: ADT said it was a Samsung issue. Samsung says it is an ADT issue. All I know is that up until 5 minutes ago, I had not gotten the alert for 22hrs, but I just got it again.

this issue has been happening for a bout 7 days for me finally it was beeping all last night and left work early to resolve. as when I called ADT on Friday @ 3PM, when they referred me to Samsung, Samsung was closed :\
I called them today and finally got to someone who said there is a firmware push going out within the next 24 hours to fix this issue. (fingers crossed). It was promising when I called back, I got a different rep that said there was a internal email going out that she had to find, that acknowledged the problem and to “mute” the alert to pull the power for 5 minutes, and plug back in – didn’t fix it for me but was hopeful that two people knew about the issue.
I did countless times reboot via IDE and unplug but nothing changed still got the central station error.
I took the panel off the back, unplugged battery, waited 5m… plugged in power, device rebooted, once online, I plugged battery back in, and I haven’t gotten the annoying alert/alarm for about 1 hour so far.

We’ll see if they fix it … though…

Really happy to hear jfecht’s response that their CS team said a firmware push would be going out within 24 hours! I have my panel unplugged, battery pulled and put monitoring in test mode to avoid the beeps and false alarms. I’ll keep checking back here to see when I can plug it in and hope for firmware.

Would be awesome if one of the SmartThings reps/devs that are active on this forum could comment on this issue. wink, wink

So there will be a firmware fix? so issue is back at Samsung Smartthings end again? …:stuck_out_tongue:

It looks so! :laughing: Just when I thought it was over… I was alert free for 26 hours until 6 minutes ago. Hope this firmware fix really does resolve it within the next 24 hours.

Anyone hear anything more about a fix? Smartthings has never responded to my ticket and neither has ADT. Not sure why I am paying 3X more a month than ring etc. for monitoring to get worse service. I keep wanting smartthings to work well as I love being able to program against it, but it just keeps disappointing.

Same here. I still have a open ticket with no response. However, I have been alert free since my last post. I am hoping it’s fixed

I’ve had this off and on for a couple weeks now and it’s doing it again today.

SMH…

Not sure if it’s only me or not, but just got the alarm again for the first time since the issue has been resolved.

There was a spike in errors and then a recovery. Things should be back to normal.

Is anyone experiencing these errors again? Mine just started back at 7:17pm est.

https://www.adtcanopyportal.com/ is returning a 502 error.

SmartThings is investigating.