SmartSense Garage Door Sensor Button

(Eric Sims) #1

I use a SmartSense Garage Door Sensor Button that did trigger my Z-Wave Virtual Momentary Contact Switch via a smart app written by @chrisb. For some reason this stopped working in the last couple of days. I am not sure if it has worked since the last iOS update.

Has anyone else seen this issue? If I click on activity for the SmartSense Garage Door Sensor Button, it returns the result of true, since I clicked on it. For some reason it doesn’t actually trigger the z-wave device.

The trigger app is listed below. Was something changed in the last update that broke this code?

Thanks!

/**
 *  Virtual Garage Triggers Outlet
 *  Author: chrisb
 */
preferences {
	section("When a Virtual Garage Door is tapped..."){
		input "GarageSensor1", "capability.contactSensor", title: "Which?"
	}
	section("Trigger which outlet?"){
		input "switches", "capability.switch"
	}
}

def installed()
{
	subscribe(GarageSensor1, "buttonpress.true", contactOpenHandler)
}

def updated()
{
	unsubscribe()
	subscribe(GarageSensor1, "buttonpress.true", contactOpenHandler)
}

def contactOpenHandler(evt) {
	log.debug "$evt.value: $evt, $settings"
	log.trace "Turning on switches: $switches"
	switches.on()
    log.trace "Turning off switches: $switches"
    switches.off(delay: 4000)
}

(Eric Sims) #2

I have been playing with it. Now it works intermittently. It is like the button press gets hung up and won’t accept that I have pressed it again. Once I force quit the app and reopen or click on the Sensor button preferences and then done again it will accept that I pressed the button again and trigger the switch.

I am not sure what to do. Please help.

(Eric Sims) #3

Well I noticed several of my buttons stopped working for lights too.

I power cycled my hub and things seemed to return to normal. @SmartThings might want to take a look at what happened.