SmartRules 2.0

Just installed 6 rules, never thought it could be so easy. Now to see if I can get lights to flash on alarm.

2 Likes

@obycode I sent a ticket to your support but thought I would post it here. I made a number of rules regarding Temperature and Humidity. They are as follows.

1. Thermostat (Choose under temperature device) under 50 degrees>for 15 minutes> send push message. NowI have gotten push notifications for this when the actual device is normal temperature. I have tried different temperature devices and humidity devices for humidity problems and had same wrong push messages. Below is one rule and the actual device . As you can see it doesn’t go below 50 degrees. I need help as the push notifications came at all hours of the night. Sorry for the Amazon Message.

I have tried every Temperature device and all same result total inaccuracy.

I love the simplicity of smartrules. What I don’t like is I can’t do something as simple as if temp sensor reaches X temperature then set thermostat to Y. I had to set up CORE to do this, but it isn’t as user friendly.

Yes you can with the latest release. I have a rule if the temperature at my temp/humidity sensor goes below X degrees for X minutes it set Thermostat set point to 64.

1 Like

See, I saw that it was supported in the update notes but for whatever reason mine does not give me the same option that yours does
 messing with it now

Did you log out then log back in?

I’ll try that now. How do you export rules. Mine doesn’t do anything when I select it.

Everytime you update you have to logout then login and authorize your devices. After that hit sync to update data just to be sure. The new options will then be available. Also make sure you are in the correct category as the Thermostat might be listed in a few places. There is also a new category called Thermostat.

3 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you very much!

1 Like

More updates I am sure will be coming.

1 Like

Thanks @joelw135 for the help here. You’re right, to authorize new devices, you can either log out and back in, or go into the SmartRules SmartApp settings in the SmartThings app, add your new devices, then use the Sync button in SmartRules to grab the latest authorizations.

@trevorlamont, if you have any other questions or problems, you can always shoot us an email at support@smartrulesapp.com.

The export relies on the native mail app, so if you don’t have any mail accounts setup, it won’t work. We need to add some notifications to let you know that is what is happening, and also some other options for sending / saving the exported rules.

1 Like

Ok, good to know, I use the gmail app

Just wondering if you have an update on an Android version of SmartRules?

2 Likes

I’m having my first real problem with SmartRules. I want to be able to tap an icon on my iphone screen and have it change the setpoint of a thermostat to 69 degrees. I have created the following rule:
If this Happens:
-QuickTap
Then Do this:
-Set cooling setpoint
-My Ecobee bonus Room
-Setpoint: 69

After executing the quicktap the rule doesnt happen. I am getting this error:
15:10:18: error org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ‘69696969696969696969’ with class ‘java.lang.String’ to class ‘java.lang.Integer’ @ line 2163

What Say You???

I am betting that there has been a change on the SmartThings side (such as in the latest mobile App? or elsewhere on the platform?) that has caused an unexpected bug.

SmartThings is, unfortunately, not great at giving developer any opportunity to test changes before they go out to all Customers; thus, there is always a non-trivial risk of SmartApps breaking.

Contact ObyCode directly though his Support Desk: Page not found – SmartRules

4 Likes

Of course you are
 but who would bet against you :smile: lool

1 Like

So it’s no longer available in the US App store for iOS? Is that because it was pulled to make the necessary changes or is there something else I should know? Thanks!

I haven’t seen an update for the app in quite some time, so I’m wondering if they are abandoning it. With the release of WebCoRE I’ve started transitioning away from SmartRules since it doesn’t seem to be updated anymore.

@obycode Any Comment? I can’t find it in the store either.