SmartRules 2.0

@obycode, i switched over to SR for presence notification but the only thing i wish i could do is include the time in the SMS message. iphone doesnt always show time text was received.

Open the messages app and drag the received message to the left - it will reveal the time it was received. Little known feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah, thanks! i knew someone was gonna end up probably schooling me on the iphone. :wink: thanks!

@obycode
Any feedback on the post below?

Love your app and am a supporter. Question. I have a contract sensor on my dryer with the following smart rule set up
IF:
Dryer Stops Moving
And stays that way for 5 minutes

While this is True:
Dryer is not accelerating

Then do this
send push

This works fine. After 5 minutes I get a message that the Dryer is done. But, my problem is that the washer is close by and I gather the sensor is picking up the vibration from it causing the SmartRule message to push that my Dryer is finished. Other than I guess moving the sensor is there a statement I can add to have the rule trigger ONLY after it has been moving for X minutes.

Thanks

No, we donā€™t have something like that yet. Detecting sequences of events has been requested before and is an interesting idea. Weā€™ll think about how that might look and work. Thanks.

Weā€™re working on adding something like the ā€œand stays that wayā€ feature on triggers, but for conditions. It might be ā€œand has been that wayā€.

@dseg: No known issues with QuickTaps. Is this on the Today Screen or the ļ£æWatch that they are not working?

yes @obycode, adding a ā€œif else do thisā€ would be great. for example if you did this then i would only need one rule for motion turning on/off lights. perfect example is for a home theater room.

trigger

motion detected
or
motion not detected

while ALL this is true

motion active
harmony activity off

then do this

turn on light

else do this

turn off light

I enjoy rule machines in depth options of rules but i understand that i need to move on and choose a rule builder that is official. it would be great too to include additional layer options of the rule. disable a rule to run if a switch is on or off. this layer i think is essential. for example to rule aboveā€¦disable rule is a switch if turned on.

any updates on the else if?

@obycode any news on when the next iOS update out please with some requested features in this thread?

Also can you suggest something for me in this situationā€¦

I have my ground lights to come on if detects motion or contact open when in night mode. As itā€™s detecting motion sometimes the wind detects and switches them on. What rule can I use to switch them off after a little while?

Thanks

@obycode
Any updates coming?

Is SmartRules still supported? Mine stopped working and I havenā€™t heard back from anyone.

Update:

My issue turned out to be the zigbee sensors that I was using as the trigger for SmartRules. My sensors stopped working altogether. I had to completely reinstall them twice and they have since stopped working. They worked fine for a couple years, save a few hiccups that we all experienced. Appears the V2 hub I am using may not be fully supporting Zigbee as Cree bulbs will not work at all on this hub.

@obycode Brice has been pretty quiet, maybe busy with the day-job; We know that can happen.

1 Like

YES! Sorry for the delay on some email responses. Things have been very busy this summer. Weā€™re still working on the update and will likely continue to be less active on here, but weā€™ll keep up to date on messages through our support page / email.

1 Like

Just started using SmartRules and so far pretty impressed. I switched to this over SmartLights due to lack of conditions, I wanted to switch lights on with motion but then change the level manually, SL kept overwriting! Anyway, what I canā€™t seem to find in SR is the ability to set colour with this lights. Can this be done as I feel I have gained one feature but lost another for controlling my Hue lights?

Also, is it me but for every SL rule I replace with SR I seem to need two rules, one to turn on the light and another to turn off. If I set a delay in the initial turn on rule it does this regardless of activity so I need another to set when no activity has been seen for a time period. Is this correct?

@obycode
I am trying to remove a Nest thermostat from SmartThings and it says I canā€™t because it is being used by SmartRules.
Iā€™ve checked everything and everywhere and SmartRules does not have my Nest being used for anything.

SmartThings says they can remove it by deleting SmartRulesā€¦ I have way too many rules to recreate.

Anyone able to help me out?

Has anyone had their SmartRules stop working. I opened a ticket after the hub update. I have a rule that is supposed to fire when mode changes to ā€œhomeā€. This happens when someone returns home and each morning when I get up. I should check the temp on Ecobee 3 and if above 74 turn on ceiling fans.

I never see this activity take place and the fans are not turning on. It looks as though it has just quit firing altogether. Iā€™ve deleted the rule and rebuilt, disconnected and reconnected SmartRules, and done a hard reboot of the hub. Nothing so far has resolved the issue.
@obycode the ticket number is 255

Same issueā€¦

Had not seen anyone posting on the issue. Thought I might be all alone.

Reach out to support, it is most likely an association that ST thinks exists that really doesnā€™t.

I had this happen a few times and they were able to unstick it.