SmartRules 2.0

Hey Brice, I tried using the code and just wanted to verify it’s created as a device, not a smartapp…correct?

Yes, that’s right. Create a device type from code using that file, publish it, then change your Somos to use this custome device type.

Same again last night, been ok for a few night, but it ran one rule, then “stuck” in this mode.

It didn’t run a time whereby the trigger is no motion on a motion sensor like this for 10 mins, and all other motion sensors has no motion.

It’s ran before though I can see that in my notifications, so it’s not the rule not working. Trouble is this is an important rule, it disarms SHM, and doesn’t rearm until the above runs.

I have a rule which changes mode at 7:45am. Yet past few nights its triggering at 8:00pm. Many of my lights are mode dependant so it is messing all these up

any reasons why???

Hi @obycode

I have a rule that do this (and another similar rule):

If Entrance External Multisensor detects motion
Then Turn on Entrance External Motion Msg
and Push Slack External Motion Notification

Logs:

I am noticing that it is doing the action twice.
Any solution for this?

Also, I would like to suggest to add the following functions:

1. delays in seconds and ms
  2. ability to have both ‘AND’ and ‘OR’ in the while statement

As I am switching over from Rule Machine, due to the lack of the above functions, I am not able to move all my rules over.

So…for the last 2 or 3 days my mode change rules have not executed as expected. Are there any known issues that would prevent a time-based mode change from executing?

I am having a similar problem.
I have a simple rule, IF 5pm THEN turn on light.
I found that for the last couple of days the light isn’t turning on.

Is there a way to trouble shoot if Live Logging is not on?

@Jonpho - could you send some more info to us at support@smartrulesapp.com? Please include the rule definition, preferably the file generated for rule export. Thanks.

@pm4_1613, @dseg, there are no known issues with time triggers, but SmartThings is known to miss scheduled events from time to time. To debug, you can go into the IDE and go to My Locations, then “List SmartApps”, then find and click on SmartRules. Near the bottom, you will see “Scheduled Jobs” and “Job History”. You should see a scheduled job for your next time trigger (not all of them, only the next one). You can look at the Job History to see when it has run recently and see whether it ran when you expected it to. Sometimes, if a schedule is missed due to an error in the SmartThings scheduler, it is useful to re-schedule your rules by simply opening them in SmartRules, then re-saving.

1 Like

Just did that. We’ll see what happens now.

On another topic, I have a device that despite having been removed/de-authorized SmartRules still appears in the list of installed SmartApps. Any idea how I might go about resolving that issue? It is preventing me from removing the device from SmartThings.

Strange… do you have any rules that are associated with that device? I’m not sure if that could cause this problem. If the device is definitely de-selected in the SmartRules preferences, then it may be worth contacting support@smartthings.com, as it sounds like an issue on their end.

1 Like

@obycode - I am using Smart Alarm now for security but one of the things I cannot seem to overcome is checking the state of a sensor. Is there anyway to do that? I think on your website you mention you only check on an action correct? I was hoping I could setup a rule to that if one of my sensors is in an open state and I activate my alarm it could send an sms message.
thanks

@obycode any idea on my problem please, it’s still getting “stuck” in a mode, this should run another routine when there is no motion, doors closed and it’s not as it’s in the up at night mode for me.

I’ve even stopped up tonight, it ran the up at night ok, but now all the things are in correct state and it’s not running the good night routine.

The trigger is “when motion stops and stays like this for 10 mins” with conditions of others. So does the trigger only get one chance as such to do the action, as maybe a condition isn’t correct atm after the trigger is if you understand?

Hers a screenshot of rule if helps…

Does SmartAlarm create a virtual switch or anything that exposes its status turning on or off? We just need something like that to connect to SmartRules, then you could create a rule like this:

If this happens:
SmartAlarm turns on
While any of these are true:
Door 1 is open
Door 2 is open

Then do this:
Send SMS

oh you know what, i guess i could just check status change? if AWAY is set while door is open, sms?

@obycode, on a side note. can you have SmartRules on more than one device? i have multiple iPads and iPhone i use.

Yes, the rule will only get triggered by the event in the “if this happens” section, so in this case 10 minutes after motion stops. If any of those conditions are false at that point, the actions will not execute. If the conditions become true at some point, the rule will still not be triggered again unless motion starts, then stops and stays that way for 10 minutes again.

What you need is something we realized makes sense to add: something similar to “and stays that way” for the conditions, so you could add a condition like:

Motion is not detected and has been that way for at least 10 minutes

Or something like that (suggestions for better wording would be appreciated). Then all of your conditions could be repeated as triggers, so whichever is the last one to become true will trigger the rule and all conditions will be met. We’ve already added a task for this new condition functionality.

1 Like

So, it appears that SmartRules just executed three different rules @ 7AM when only one should have been executed.

Day mode correctly executed @ 7AM. However, Night and Bedtime mode shouldn’t be executed until 6PM and 10PM, respectively. But, as you can see from the image they both did. Any thoughts on why this might habe happened?

has been doing that for me recently too. A 6pm rule firing at 8am

Least I know why it’s not triggering now, but sorry don’t understand the extra condition I need in my example.

What do you mean you’ve already as new task already? Where? Relevant to me?

Thanks