SmartRules 2.0

Not yet but it’s supposed to be going through tomorrow.

I’m not sure. Has this rule worked before and just stopped working over the last two nights? We don’t have any new issues that would cause rules previously working to fail, only the two issues since v2.0 rolled out: time conditions and value conditions evaluating false incorrectly.

I am trying to remove a device and SmartThings keeps saying that it is being used my SmartRules.
I checked 10+ times and the device is deselected for everything. It is not being used by SmartRules.

I even logged out, selected my hub, and things all over again and it is still saying it is being used.
Is there a secret I am missing to remove a device?
@obycode

Sometimes there is a “ghost” relationship … we’ve had it happen in SmartTiles sometimes. Possibly if you wait a while the Cloud databases will synchronize and you’ll be able to delete the Device.

In the meantime, the general recommendation is to email: Support@SmartThings.com as they can look more deeply into your account and force delete stuff – just give them permission in the opening email so they don’t have to ask again – but be sure to tell them you don’t want to uninstall SmartRules (unless you are willing to do so using its export / import feature).

I had this issue as well. I hadn’t really put rules in place yet (waiting until time bug fixed), but I was able to delete the “ghost” device by removing smartrules and reinstalling. If it happens again, I’ll try @tgauchat’s suggestions, for sure

1 Like

Yes just the last 2 nights, worked before. Last night however it worked!? I’ve done nothing to the rule or ST. Worrying as this is important security for me, the mode change its doing means no security when I require over night.

Does it delete your rules if you uninstall and reinstall the app?

Yes, it deletes everything-- I was willing to do it, because I didn’t have many rules in place. t think you can “save” your rules by using the Export function (to make putting them back easier).

EDIT: Sorry-- to be clear, to delete the “ghost” device I deleted the SmartApp of Smartrules (not the iOS app). This is why, as the developer says, the rules were deleted.

1 Like

The rules are only deleted if you delete the SmartApp. Reinstalling the app on your iPhone should be fine. When you log back in, it will download the rules from the SmartApp.

1 Like

@obycode

For the past several days, I’ve experience an issue with one of my rules…

Disarm Quicktap :
if any of these happen:
Blayne arrives
Jamin arrives
Alexis arrives
Vanessa arrives
QuickTap
while this is true:
DSC Alarm State is on
then do this:
send sms Notify & SMS xxxxxxxxxx System Disarmed
turn off DSC Away Panel 1
unlock Garage Door Lock

Everytime someone arrives the SmartRule executes, regardless of the condition.
Also, I get duplicate “SmartRule Disarm Quicktap executed” entries in my Notifications feed. The other SmarRules don’t.

Is this problem another symptom of the issues with Smartthings?

Obycode everytime I press sync all my rules get deleted and the app ask me to login to ST again. Once I login all my rules are gone. Iphone 6 ios 9.3.1.

Please advise.

Do we know when today the fix should be in place?

It looks like the fix has finally gone live. Please let us know via support@smartrulesapp.com if you are still experiencing any issues.

2 Likes

@Darwin64, please open live logging (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs), then press sync and send the output from SmartRules in the logging to support@smartrulesapp.com so we can track down this problem. Thanks.

If i buy this now (iOS version) will the license be interchangable once the android version is released?

I doubt it since the two app stores are completely separate. As an IT director, I know of no company that offers this type of option out there.

1 Like

As the purchase is for the backend smartapp and the phone app is mearly the configuration client I wasn’t sure if the license is held on the phone or hub. Perhaps someone with 2 iOS devices, using 2 separate iTunes accounts could confirm whether they’ve had to purchase it twice or just clicked on restore purchases from within the app?

I believe the purchase is completely stored within the App Store it was purchased through, otherwise apple and Google would have to share data.

The restore function doesn’t currently function. I previously purchased the app on my old phone but it died so I had to get another, signed into it with the same Apple credentials and ST credentials and I’m currently stuck with my current rules since it doesn’t think I’ve purchased it before. I can wait until that gets fixed or buy it again to start adding more rules.

Right now, the purchase information is maintained on your device. If you purchased v1.x, then when you updated to 2.x, it knew that you had previously purchased 1.x and gave you the in-app purchase for free. If you reset your phone or get a new phone, that information is gone and cannot be restored. You would be required to purchase the in-app purchase in v2.

Once you purchase the v2 in-app purchase, then we can restore the purchase via the App Store’s interfaces. That means that once you have purchased the in-app purchase, you can safely reset your device or get a new device and you will still be able to restore that in-app purchase and continue to have full access.

It should be possible for us to transmit the purchase information into the SmartApp, and save it there, so that when you connect from a different device (could be Android at some point or a new iPhone or something else), then your purchase could be restored (regardless of whether it was a v1 purchase or a v2 in-app purchase). The problem with that would be if you delete the SmartApp, then the information would be lost. The plan right now is to do something like that and thus allow the purchase to cross that boundary, but this plan is not definite yet and is subject to change.

Was the fix done automatically on your end? Do I have to do anything? I held back setting up more SmartRules until this was done. Thanks.