SmartRules 2.0

One solution to the custom commands is a helper app which would bind custom commands to a virtual switch. The switch can then be used directly by SmartRules. Basically, it would be a small subset of Rule Machine preferences. Choose switch to bind to, choose capability, choose device, choose custom command, add params. Also needs a way of deleting these.

I don’t have the time (it would take some more learning on my part) to put such app together. I will, however, make a helper app for one of the devices I created. Cooper Aspire dimmer has “Protection Mode” (aka child lock), to disable the physical switch. I had included custom commands in the DH to turn the protection mode on/off. These are currently accessible by the end user only through Rule Machine. By binding the protection on/off commands to a virtual switch, the helper app will make them accessible through Smart Rules (and through other means).

Update:
Put together an app to bind the custom commands in my DH to a virtual switch. Now can use the custom commands with Smart Rules

Also, made another tiny app (not posted) to bind setLevel(0,120) to a virtual momentary button, so that I can have Smart Rules initiate a 2-minute dim to off.

1 Like