SmartPower Outlet flood feed

I have a SmartPower Outlet in a room that is connected to a small space heater. I’m guessing that since the power fluctuates a bit is why i’m having this issue, however when the heater is kicked on by a rule to keep that room at a given temperature it floods the “Activity Feed” in the App, almost every second or so. Is there a way to reduce its reporting interval?

Make a personal copy of the Device Type Handler… with a few possible tweaks.

This is a common question; try a more aggressive :mag: search of the Forum, please?

I wish someone would just submit a Pull Request on the SmartThings source code, but I bet a fix is in their long queue…

1 Like

It will be out “in a few weeks” :wink:

I hate the search on this forum, but the sorting function on it makes it… managable…

Still I tend to use Google search when looking for information as the ST thread that I want is usually at the top…

2 Likes

I had the same problem and got help in my thread.

1 Like

Google search is actually embedded in the Forum.

Just hit “options” after clicking the :mag: icon…

Thank you guys, my searching wasn’t working nicely. I will try straight from Google or even the “Google search” option.

I will look into the custom device types. I do still want the wattage, just not that often or not with a change of .1 maybe 5w.

If i can’t figure it out, i’ll just remove the event handler

1 Like

In theory, if the physical device implements the standard ZigBee clusters for Power Monitoring, then the report frequency can be set in the configure() method. You just need the right parameters. Ideally, someone would enhance the device type to ask for: min/max frequency and minimum change.

I have experimented with such parameters in another ZigBee device, with mixed success. But the Centralite outlet should be … easy … I think… Just can’t try it myself at the moment … well… trying to focus on something else. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but I might not be able to resist.

1 Like

This would be ideal. I had modified it to give the option to display power reports or not by using a Boolean preference. Except Boolean preferences don’t work properly, so I scrapped it.

If only device preferences and default values worked properly, this would be easy.

Well… for a start; someone just has to play with the ZigBee Power Reporting config commands. They are documented in the ZCL (ZigBee Cluster Library), I think, but also may be specific to the manufacturer / model.

Once we know how to successfully tweak these, then it can be done via DTH parameters.

There were three open threads for this… I posted some code over here:

1 Like