Smartlighting Failures are back

It might, if your schedule is pending in the past?! At least that would explain some things happening on reboot

1 Like

Its only the one job that misbehaved? Seems like if its a systematic issue every job would fire.

I wouldn’t be surprised on reconnect if ST checks all SmartApps and for whatever reason this one said, “I am overdue!”

2 Likes

That’s hard to say. Maybe others fired. I only notice what I notice. My bed fan being off in the middle of the night, or when I awake is something I notice. I wouldn’t necessary notice if it turned on/off other things. I don’t have a job to turn on my bed lights at a certain time for example.

There are only a handful of rules I have that run on schedules to be honest. I don’t know how far in advance it queues then, etc.

Good Call.

Found another example that stregthens the correlation bond…

I think it’s fair bet this is a bug…

@slagle - Opp to fix something, potentially with broad impact.

Other SL job that schedules should have turned on a switch at 630am then off at 9am. Exact same time as the bed fan being turned off, it turns it on and off - both, presumably scheduled jobs, for this switch.

Now I am assuming it related to the hub loosing and reestablishing connectivity. If ST can verify that, they should resolve that or at the least document it. That can be a nasty little bastard if you have more sensitive things set on schedules.

Also valueable to learn PRECISELY what causes it. The NIC going down/up. Loosing connectivity to the ST cloud, etc. If your scheduled jobs fire if your connection to ST falters or the ST cloud falters, that’s a much broader issue I can see a whole metric sh*t tone of ghosts created by this that should be easy to flush out system wide.

1 Like

I pulled my ethernet yesterday for a test, and none of my scheduled jobs went crazy. It was around sunset and I have a few close blind, turn on light jobs that trigger around that time.

Whats intersting my scheduled jobs have a cron under Scheduled Jobs section. Yours does not. Checking a few other jobs, not all of them have it.

Created a new timed job:

1 Like

What is scheudling your jobs?

Both jobs I show here are by Smartlighting.

OKAY where the heck do I get the scheduled jobs view and I can post to compare?

Both those above are smartlighting.

I have a sunrise job that has nothing under “Scheduled Jobs”

For a singular time based events cron makes sense.

I found it here: My Locations->List SmartApps->Find the name under SmartLighting and click it.

I think you were there, your earlier screenshot had “Scheduled Jobs” but was none.

I see, yes thank you.

Currently I have none. Not sure how far in advance it schedules them.

Click on the individual job name.

1 Like

Looks like your Smart Lighting rules are running locally. The IDE has no insight into the local schedules set for Smart Lighting rules. So, you could add a random virtual switch to them to see if that fixes it by moving it to the cloud. If not, reaching out to support is your best bet. They have the best tools for triaging things like this.

3 Likes

@slagle

Ticket is already opened.

I can PM you the ticket number but don’t wish to post here.

Hopefully they actually investigate. In the past I have just been told to rebuild the rules. Which, if this is the same cause means this problem, or bug, has persisted for months for EVERYONE using ST. Seems like a grand opportunity to resolve what appears to be a systemic issue.

I am not sure if you are suggesting this a resolution method or a way to further troubleshoot. My ask would be to have ST engage and try to resolve, I’d rather not kick the can down the road. I am ready to provide anything that maybe needed in that regard.

That would make sense. My shades use the ZRTSII module which is not executed locally.

Oh one thing to note here is this is not something that will happen everytime. My gateway reboots everynight at that time, and my bed fan hasn’t turned off for weeks at that time.

@Aaron

In another thread you mentioned you were searching logs for bugs. Here is one on a platter.

I am not having much luck through email. I can PM you the ticket if you need it.

1 Like

DM me the ticket number. thanks

4 Likes