Just picked up a Smarthings hub with the the hope that we were going to be able to condense our growing collection of smart home apps into a single app. First impression is that this doesn’t appear to be the case.
I’ve done some searching for the various issues that I’ve run into but thought I’d post them in condensed format.
- After creating a lighting group is there a way to hide the individual bulbs? For example I’ve created a lighting group called “Kitchen” for the 3 Hue bulbs that are over our breakfast bar. I would never turn on one of these bulbs individually.
- Can you move a lighting group to the room where it belongs rather than leaving them in the group called “lighting group”?
- How do you use a lighting group as a trigger for an automation?
- No \ limited native support for Nest thermostats? Appears that since Google puchased Nest they have restricted access to the API
- No native support for Chamberlain MyQ garage door opener?
- Searching for WEMO lightswitches seems to crap out every time. It found most of my Wemo switches but does not find the Wemo Dimmers.
- Looking at SmartApps to handle some of the above, but this process doesn’t seem entirely intuitive for someone that isn’t a developer.
Am I missing something?