SmartThings Community

Smarthings Hub in EU (outside UK)

(Mar Jar) #21

Hi Slawek. You already know this but others may be interested. Yes, SmartThings Hub works very well in Poland.

0 Likes

(Richard Boulware) #22

Thanks, that explains why my Fibaro Wall Plug is not connecting here in the NL

0 Likes

(Martin Verbeek) #23

Was an early user, so US region only at that time, connected all EU based z-wave to RPi with Domoticz and wrote an app in SmartThings that integrates all these “weird” devices…

0 Likes

Did anyone manage to register an EU Hub v3 bought in the UK with an US account? For me the registration process always fails when I want to connect this Hub.
With a German account there is no issue. The Hub can be connected.

Any hints?

0 Likes

The newer hubs can only be registered through the new app, and the new app is region – locked. Which means it will not register a hub which does not have the right zwave frequency to operate in that region. The US hub and the UK hub have different Z wave frequencies. So the combination you are trying to do cannot be registered.

0 Likes

I solved the issue already. Problem was that the hub was still connected to my German account. A factory reset of the hub which removed the hub from the German account and then registering the Hub conncted via VPN to the US account was successfull.

0 Likes

(Dan) #27

I think version 3 no longer goes outside UK and US. At least in Romania I did not connect anything to him. Not even Philips Hue.

0 Likes

Hi guys,

I just received my V3 Hub purchased from US and I can confirm that if you have the account on US, the hub will work and the devices will connect to it.

0 Likes

(Kaupo Liiva) #29

Hey. I bought a SmartThings HUB from UK Amazon. And it does not connect to the app. The light is blinking, but it does not find the HUB.

Why is that or how can I solve the issue?

0 Likes