Smarthings Hub in EU (outside UK)

(Sebastian) #9

i’m using an UK hub v2 in Romania since feb and have no issue.

(RADU GROZEA) #10

Hi. Does UK smart outlets work in Romania ?
If they do, do you use two UK-EU EU-UK adapters?

(Sebastian) #11

Salut,

Nu folosesc smart outlet de UK. Am un fibaro care e EU.

Seba

(RADU GROZEA) #12

Salut.
Poti sa-mi spui un model la Fibaro ala?
Aștept sa-mi vina starter kitul săptămâna viitoare.
Mulțumesc.

(Sebastian) #13

I am using the type E but you should order the F one.
You can buy it also in romania.

(Tommy) #14

Hi

I am using Smart hub UK in Danmark, and using Fibaro and others Eu Z-wave.
ITune app only thing using Am - Pm in the log insted of 24h time.

(MarcinK) #15

Hi Slawek,

I’m using US Smartthings hub in Poland and all works great with US purchased devices - UK devices use apparently different frequency and would not work with US version.

Were you successful in finding european (Polish) plugs to use with the Smarthings hub? Do you have UK or US version?

(Johan) #16

Hi Mario,

What do you use to power it, travel adapter?

regards Johan

(Bob) #17

Can I add a word of caution to this thread.
The US Z-Wave frequency is illegal in the EU.
It uses a stronger signal strength and can cause interference.
Just letting you know so you can make an informed decision.
Have fun…

(Mario Fuchs) #18

Just any UK to Swedish standard converter (230 VC / F)

(Johan) #19

Ok thanks, ordered a hub and adapter an hour ago. :slight_smile:

(Hussein Salem) #20

I live in Dubai and got Samrtthings hub working without any probelm. However, I got the new Samsung Connect Hub that inlcude MSartthings hub beside WIFI Hub and this does not work. After calling the support they refused to support me as this is only for US, Canada and UK market.

My problem as always that this is not mentioned when you buy it from Amazon or even from Samsung site. I really start to question if I should continue buying from Samsung as their support sucks big time. After talking to 4 different teams they could not help me with this issue.

(Mar Jar) #21

Hi Slawek. You already know this but others may be interested. Yes, SmartThings Hub works very well in Poland.

(Richard Boulware) #22

Thanks, that explains why my Fibaro Wall Plug is not connecting here in the NL

(Martin Verbeek) #23

Was an early user, so US region only at that time, connected all EU based z-wave to RPi with Domoticz and wrote an app in SmartThings that integrates all these “weird” devices…

Did anyone manage to register an EU Hub v3 bought in the UK with an US account? For me the registration process always fails when I want to connect this Hub.
With a German account there is no issue. The Hub can be connected.

Any hints?

The newer hubs can only be registered through the new app, and the new app is region – locked. Which means it will not register a hub which does not have the right zwave frequency to operate in that region. The US hub and the UK hub have different Z wave frequencies. So the combination you are trying to do cannot be registered.

I solved the issue already. Problem was that the hub was still connected to my German account. A factory reset of the hub which removed the hub from the German account and then registering the Hub conncted via VPN to the US account was successfull.

(Dan) #27

I think version 3 no longer goes outside UK and US. At least in Romania I did not connect anything to him. Not even Philips Hue.

Hi guys,

I just received my V3 Hub purchased from US and I can confirm that if you have the account on US, the hub will work and the devices will connect to it.