Smarthings hub cloud not conecting

Model STH ETH 200
THE light is blinking magenta after the soft reboot and this is the message I get about wifi. It has ethernet cable.

That must be the Offline Diagnostics. I have never used it. wifi is the connection for your mobile device :slight_smile:

You need to speak with ST support at this point. They can investigate and might be able to look at your logs that members on this community forum do not have access to.

Hope you get it resolved soon… i know it must be very frustrating.

I reached out to ST 3 days ago. They suggested a reboot that I’ve done. I have them access to look into it. Hopefully soon.

While I wait to hear more from ST customer service. After the soft reset its been blinking magenta for an hour or so. I read somewhere the light means its doing a software update but for that long?

led colors are explained in the link I posted above. if it has been in that state, there is an issue somewhere… whether that is your hub or your network or something else… I don’t know.

1 Like

FYI you have your reset definitions backwards.

A soft reset is just pulling the power cord, then plugging it back in. Your configuration will not be lost when you perform this operation.

A hard reset by using a paper clip to push down the internal reset button will cause the device to lose its current configuration and go back to factory settings.

1 Like

Idk after all this reset, check cables, drivers, contact with ST customer service still nothing. They apparently arent in any hurry.
Anyhow, if I decide to get a new hub will I be able to keep all my devices with my log in information?
Also what is best to get a used Samsung v2 or the Aeotec brand?

Nope… you would need to start from scratch and pair all your directly connected devices and Automations.

Ok, this is my opinion on replacement hub… get an aeotec hub that has has thread.

Will I be able to pair my zwave lights automatically? I no longer have the boxes or info.

In most cases, you may need to exclude them first which can be done on a new hub. Just post the brand/model and others can provide you with more details.

1 Like

Interesting I notice one light switch is online because it is not zwave. My zwave lights and hub are offline. This isn’t a reason for the hub to be offline correct?

I think I finally solved it on my own. When I got the new modem aparently something happened to go offline. I was pressing the router reset during all this ordeal but until today I unplugged the router power cable and it finally is online. By the way the ST customer service takes forever in replying and lack knowledge imho.

If your SmartThings hub is not able to connect to the SmartThings cloud, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Power cycle the SmartThings hub: Unplug the power cable from the hub, wait for about 10 seconds, and then plug it back in. This can help reset the hub and establish a new connection.
  2. Check your network connection: Ensure that your router and modem are working properly. Verify that other devices on your network can connect to the internet without any issues. If necessary, restart your router and modem.
  3. Verify hub connectivity: Ensure that your SmartThings hub is properly connected to your local network. You can do this by checking the hub’s LED lights. Refer to the SmartThings documentation for specific details on the LED status indicators for your hub model.
  4. Check firewall and security settings: Make sure that your router or network firewall is not blocking any incoming or outgoing connections required by the SmartThings hub. Check if any security settings or access control lists are preventing the hub from connecting to the internet.
  5. Contact SmartThings support: If the issue persists, it may be helpful to reach out to SmartThings support for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your setup and troubleshoot any potential issues with the SmartThings cloud connectivity.

Remember to provide them with specific details about the problem you are experiencing, including any error messages or LED light patterns you observe on the hub.

1 Like

Good summary. In your first step you should add: if you have a V2 hub and have batteries installed, remove them.