Smartapp to tun off switch when power meter falls below a certain value for a period of time

Hi All,
I am using a Greenwave Powernode to capture the power and energy readings from all my audio visual devices, including TV, AV receiver, sub-woofer etc.
These devices consume power even when they are on standby. To conserve power, I’ll like the switch to be off when they are on standby mode for a period of time. Does this makes sense and is there a smartapp to do this?
To turn the switch on, I am planning to use a motion sensor in the room. I feel that the AV devices can be on standby when someone is in the room, and turned off when there is no activity for a prolong period of time.
Regards,

A motion sensor for watching TV sounds like a bad idea to me. Most people are fairly motionless when doing that. It’d be very annoying to be mesmerized by the best part of a movie and have the entire A/V system shut down!

1 Like

I suggest you look into WebCore. This let’s you create rules based on multiple conditions, e.g. if there was no motion and the power level is >x, then leave switch on ( someone may be watching tv; if there is no motion and power level is <x turn the switch off. (I use the tv power leve at night to determine if the heating in the room should be on or not)

1 Like