Smart Lock Guest Access "No Locks Are Online. Try Again Later"

for everyone else → https://account.smartthings.com :slight_smile: otherwise you may get unexpected results using that posted link

Thanks for the fast reply. Any word if ST will update the DH or the Schlage BE469ZP will get a firmware update? I’m planning on starting to install the 32 locks on Friday. My personal lock (installed several months ago) is working fine with the currently DH and lock codes. I really don’t want to manually update all 32 of the DHs for the locks, and since I’ve already charged the other owners in my complex for the locks, I can’t ask them to purchase additional software. Most of them are not very tech savy. Thanks for any help. Mike

From the research Ive, done they are saying that the support for this product has been discontinued. If they arent tech savy then they probablly wont be remotely adding guest access codes. The manual code entry works just fine. If I were you I would add it in the instructions for when they have to install smart things app. Maybe someone else here can do a screen shot play by play on what to do and you can print them out at kinkos and make coppies to hand to everyone.

This was a recent change from SmartThings. At this time I think the two options to get this lock programmable through SmartThings are:

1. Install the Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler (which compensates for the lock firmware issue), then pair the lock and it will automatically be assigned the device handler.
  2. Pair the device without any custom device handlers and then manually update the device handler in the IDE to Z-Wave Lock. Keep in mind some users may experience dropped/missing notifications since the lock firmware bug was the underlying reason why the lock was dropped from this stock device handler. This can be partially improved with the addition of buffering devices.

Unfortunately both require some effort on part of the user/installer. Schlage doesn’t have a history of creating firmware updates and if they do it’ll most likely be available for new locks, since ST cannot push z-wave firmware (or you can purchase a separate Z-Wave stick and programming software to update the lock firmware when available).

Thanks again for a quick reply! LIke I had mentioned, the other 31 owners in my condo complex have already paid for the Schlage BE469ZP locks, the ST hubs, and for installation (very cheap labor from me). I really can’t go back and ask for another $40 from each owner for your full set of apps. I sure wish I could! Is there any way to install the Enhanced Z-Wave Lock DH without the added software? Do you happen to know if the BE469ZP version of the locks are affected or just the non Z Wave Plus locks?

Most of the owners are not very computer savvy and would most likely not use any of the extra features. I plan to purchase your whole set once I finish installing the locks and hubs. I’ve been holding off to make sure that I can duplicate any issues that they may have with a normal installation. I have spent over 100 hours building a website based user manual for the owners that shows them every feature of the locks and ST hubs before I found out about the DH issues. I’m hoping that I won’t have to change it very much.

Thanks for any advice on how to move forward,

Mike O’Neal
Evergreen, CO

Thanks, ForceMOD. Unfortunately I sold the owners on the ability to change the codes remotely. They are being installed in Breckenridge, CO where most of the owners do short term rentals at the ski resort and are not physically there to do the manual user code change between rentals. I did make very extensive instructions for each owner on how to change the codes remotely.

If they’re doing rentals, you may want to check out Rental Lock Automater, especially if they’re using AirBnB, VRBO or any similar booking provider. It completely automates the rental process and is much more reliable than Smart Lock Guest Access (e.g. it can handle temporary mesh and internet failures, it’ll notify them if something is wrong and automatically creates/deletes users).

I just have a quick question. I reached out to ST customer support about device handlers due to an issue with the Schlage Connect 469ZP lock, and they responded with:
“This is to let you know that we in SmartThings do not support device handlers, however, I’ve considered this as a feature request and send it over to our developer team so that they can make it available on future updates”.
If this is the case, I was wondering exactly who is responsible for the DH?

Start with the 5-8 images then 1-4 images. I love how these guys keep trying to sell their software.

1. Sign in https://account.smartthings.com/
  2. Click top right 3 bar menu.
  3. Click on Devices
  4. Select device
  5. Notice what type its set to.
  6. Scroll down and click edit.
  7. Change type to Z-Wave Lock
  8. Click update
    You should now be able to see device in Smart Lock Guest Access in the drop down Lock Codes section. This is what worked for me as the lock was set to “Z-Wave Lock without codes” in the IDE under Type*. I tried Z-Wave Lock with codes and that didn’t work. I set it to Z-Wave Lock and that finally worked.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. I will give it a try.

Hi ForceMOD,
I tried changing the type of lock to ‘Z-Wave lock’ from ‘Z-Wave lock without codes’ in the IDE on several locks that I just installed. It worked on one, but none of the rest a few days later. It was a recent change since two locks I installed several months ago never had the problem. I bet if I reinstall them to the hub after a reboot, I’ll get the same problem. Very frustrating.

OMG, you’re my hero!! I’ve been stressed about this for about 2 weeks and wondering if I’m gonna have to get a Ring Alarm system for it to work!

Thats the best i got mike. Im sorry i cant be of more help. If you have access to ide then everything is online im assuming. I just added codes yesterday for my sister and it worked. You can always try rebooting the lock and trying it again. Hold the shlage logo above the key pad and disconnect the battery and reconnect the battery. Then let go of the schlage botton. Delete the codes that are default so you have a blank slate. Factory reset the hub. Delete the locks out of the smart things app and add them again. Redownload the app. These are all things that I did before I finally found the IDE trick which worked for me. Maybe i had to do all those things before the IDE and didnt realize it.

It is a recent change. I also installed my back door lock about the months ago without any problem. Well apart from not realizing that I needed the hub and kept trying to use the schlage app to no evail. Home depot doesnt reccomend the hub when you buy these locks so I had no idea. Anyways, I digress. I recently installed my front door and thats when I had the issue of not being able to add codes through Smart Things app. I COULD still add codes on the backdoor. Then I factory reset the back door thinking that the hub might to see them both and start all over again. Thats when I then lost the ability to add codes to the backdoor… i tried the IDE and changing it to Z-Wave Lock and that fixed both locks for me. Im also assuming you didnt accidently choose the option Z-Wave Lock with Codes. Becuase i tried that and it didnt work. It had to be Z-Wave Lock

Also Im guessing that the locks update when first added to the hub which is why the Backdoor was working until I factory reset it. Maybe there was yet another update and now that IDE method doesnt work anymore.

Hi Lucas,
I have tried the IDE attempt and made sure that it was set for just ZWave. I did not try the lock/hub reset or delete all codes methods yet. I have several more locks to install today so I am going to try each method differently on each lock until I find the exact thing(s) that make it work. I’ll let you know. Schlage says that ST is the one who screwed it up during a software update. ST has no clue about it.
Mike

New to the SmartThings community and to SmartThings as a whole. Recently upgraded to a Yale B1L Keyless Smartlock. This lock was for a vacation home (2nd floor condo). Lock was installed, and worked fine for the first overnight visit to the home. On the 2nd visit, about two weeks later, the lock worked fine when we arrived, and throughout the first day, but that evening, after returning from getting something to eat, the lock showed online, but would not unlock the door. It would light up, and made some faint sounds, but remained locked. Deadbolt was responsive from the app and from the touchpad, but would not unlock. There was no binding of the bolt or anything physically interfering with the operation. It would NOT open with the master code punched into the keypad (the fail safe). Tried the emergency 9 volt battery, and still it would not open. Found another similar story online. Called the fire department, and they brought a ladder, climbed over the porch balcony and entered through an unlocked balcony sliding door. They unlocked the lock from the inside. Lesson learned. If you are on any floor above the first floor, and you only have one entrance door, buy a Smart deadbolt with a backup key option. I set off the next morning and picked up a Schlage BEV469ZP. I installed the Schlage, set up a new code, and added it to my SmartThings hub (Samsung V3). The Schlage has been online for about a week, and has responded to any attempt to open from the keypad or from my iPhone. It’s stable in SmartThings app. I noticed I was not able to create a code remotely and was getting the same “no locks are online” message in the Smart Lock Guest Access app. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling. Did not fix. I logged onto the SmartThings dashboard on my PC (remotely, not where the lock or hub is), went to devices, and changed my lock to “Z-wave Lock” like explained in this thread. Hard closed the SmartThings app on my iPhone, and went back into the app to try to add a code. Still getting the “No Locks Are Online” message. I decided to delete the Smart Lock Guest Access app again, and then reinstalled it. Viola! I instantly starting getting notifications I didn’t realize I was missing, and my Schlage showed up under the Smart Lock Guess Access app, and I was able to create codes remotely. So, it seems to me, you need to change the Schlage to “Z-wave Lock” as explained in the thread, delete the Smart Lock Guest Access app, and then reinstall it. In that order.

That very well could be the case. Im to the point where I dont want to mess with it anymore because its working. The only thing its doing wrong is that on my front door, it doesnt show who is unlocking it in the history. It still does on the back door. But whatever. I can live with that lol I have a ring on the front door aswell so Ill know who it is.