Smart Lighting sometimes fails to turn off a light at a specific time

It looks like Smart Lighting sometimes fails to turn off a light at a specific time. It’s supposed to turn on the light 10 minutes after sunset (and it never fails to do so) and to turn it off at 9PM sharp but sometimes it’s still on in the morning. I looked everywhere to find a trigger that could turn on the light again after 9PM but could not find anything. The Recently tab is just flooded with the power consumption history so I can’t use to see if it could be the case. Am I right to assume that Smart Lighting is actually running in the cloud? Could it be that there is a lot of stuff triggered at 9PM sharp and that an ST servers overload could be the root cause? Thanks.

Smart Light app in itself doesn’t run locally, unless devices are eligible to run local. I haven’t experienced any errors with my locally processed instances so I have a feeling that your instance runs in the cloud. You can check your locally running instances by following this link:

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/localInstalledSmartApp/list

None of my rules turned off last night. Not sure what is going on but the reliability has really gone down the pan in the last couple of days.
As an aside I have additional rules to turn things on and off just a couple of minutes later to make sure things happen. Normally at least one of the rules work. Recently even these have been failing.
I’m starting to get very frustrated with this platform.

Is there a list of apps that run locally? Obviously these would be the ones to use as first choice.
I have followed the link above and I have none running locally.

Funny because last night my lighting turn off rule worked first time since the 19th. LOL They fixed mine and broke yours.

1 Like

Only Smart Light and SHM are running locally as long as devices qualify (zigbee, z-wave with stock device types)

Mine is hit or miss. Not consistent - sometimes it forgets to turn things off.

[quote=“SBDOBRESCU, post:6, topic:36961, full:true”]
Only Smart Light and SHM are running locally as long as devices qualify (zigbee, z-wave with stock device types)
[/quote] so that would rule out a server overload. The targeted device is a zigbee light switch.[quote=“bago, post:7, topic:36961, full:true”] Mine is hit or miss. Not consistent - sometimes it forgets to turn things off.[/quote] Exactly the same. Didn’t notice any failure until mid-January. No firmware update and not likely related to ST servers :confused:.[quote=“celblazer, post:5, topic:36961”]they fixed mine and broke yours.[/quote] Have you been in touch with ST support? If so with whom?

I would only rule out if you confirm that your instance is running locally. There a number of things that could’ve happened to prevent your instance from running locally ( not saying that’s not possible, though. Everything is possible)