Smart Lighting and Ring Doorbell

I used to have a Smart Lighting automation that would turn on a light switch when my Ring Video Doorbell 2 button was pressed after sundown. I wanted to edit it to add another switch, but when I touched the automation, I got an error message that said: “We’re having trouble connecting. Check your network connection and try again.”

I ended up deleting it in the IDE in the installed SmartApps section and went to recreate it. After going through the various steps and getting to the part where I select the button (the ring doorbell), the screen then just says Lighting Automation at the top and the word Next at the bottom of the screen. Selecting next creates the automation without giving me any more options like status or time of day. And if I touch the automation, all I get is the same error message again.

Has something happened with the link between SmartThings and Ring?

Thanks

It may have been upgraded to the new schema integration. Create an Automation instead.

The automations won’t let me do the same compound IF, ie IF the button is pushed and it’s between a certain time range.

Oh well, looks like another job for WebCoRE. You would think something basic like this could be handled natively and I wouldn’t have to resort to a third party. But then I guess that’s why the third party applications were invented, to make up for the shortcomings of the basic product.

How will it not?

1 Like

You’re right. It does. I don’t know what I was looking at. Maybe I had select specific time instead of period of time.

Thanks!

1 Like