Smart Life integration (July 2020)

Then I will delete the device and readd it. At that point, how will all the custom integrations work? I’m pretty sure they won’t be moving in the simplistic yet closed off system of wink. Would they allow you to add your own cloud to cloud integration using a script or something, kind of like how you add a smartapp? A smartthings with no customization would send me to Hubitat immediately.

1 Like

Aww, as it happens, yes I am. :frowning:

I didn’t. The ones that work and magically popped up by themselves have “placeholder”. So the one I made myself has the same.

Did the the 1 you made yourself work?

@jezzaaaa, here is your answer then…

Android 11 Beta - Can't Download Addons - Sideload?

Thanks @GSzabados, not the answer I had hoped for, but an explanation is better than a mystery.

The old app seems to work OK, and the same subset of Smart Life devices shows up there. With the exception of the one I made. So that’s no use to me. I guess I’ll just have to wait for Android 11 support, or maybe downgrade to 10, not sure.

Update: New Android 11 Beta update released today. Installed. Didn’t help.

1 Like

Not yet. I was hoping, once the app was able to download the add-on, that it might start to do the right thing. But add-on support is broken for Android 11, so I won’t know. And to be honest, I suspect the fault is on the Tuya cloud, and that it’s not showing all of my devices to the Samsung cloud. So I’m going to contact Tuya via the Smart Things app and ask why some of my devices aren’t showing up.

1 Like

I just heard back from Smart Life support. They said, check the device in the Smart Life app, edit device, it will show what cloud services it supports. None of the lights that appear in the Smartthings app has Smartthings listed, but they all have Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT. Pretty much all my lights support Google and Alexa. The ones that show in the Smartthings app all have IFTTT support in common. Maybe that’s the key. Somehow.

I checked all my devices to see what had cloud support for what. One light actually shows support for Smartthings. Yet it’s not one of the ones that are showing in the Smartthings app. Weird. Made by Arlec, model FL052HA. Perhaps I’ll hit their support team up for some help.

2 Likes

I only have 1 rgbw bulb in the Smart Life app. The only 3rd party controls listed for it in the Smart Life are Alexa and Google. No IFTTT or Smarttings. This bulb will not pair with Smarttings.

I just checked and the one light which does show up in ST (which is a Mirabella Genio Christmas Laser) does not have ST listed under “Third-party control” in Smart Life…

I am still confused by this. Is the Smart Life app now working with SmartThings in the USA?
I don’t think so because when I try to add anything in my Smart Life app, I get the message:

“Compatible but not certified in United States”
Trying got further I get another message:

“A network or server error occurred. Try again later.”

Any official announcement from Smart Life on when this will work in the USA?

Ad.

I get exactly the same in the EU on Android 9 :frowning:

Does it have IFTTT?

I think we’re all a bit confused. I’ve not seen any announcement by either ST or Tuya.

I, too saw the same warnings (not supported in Australia) and error messages as you, but then things started to appear in the ST app.

I have some devices that don’t show SmartThings in their list of “Third-party control” platforms, yet show in the ST app and can be controlled there. Smart Life app (Tuya) support simply say, if it’s not listed as a third party, it’s not supported.

I have one light that does list SmartThings under third-party control, but it doesn’t show in the ST app. The light’s tech support says that they don’t support SmartThings. In the latter case, I also raised it with Tuya support, and they said they’d submit a technical work order, for further investigation. I suspect they’ll find a bug, and after it’s fixed, some or all of these devices will disappear from third party apps.

Thanks for the detailed comment.
Yes, please send the Tuya support a link to this thread.
Hopefully it gives them more debug info.

No, just Alexa and GA

Right. So the one common factor across all of the devices I could see in ST turned out to be a red herring. Thus I have no idea what causes some things to show and others to not show. It’s perhaps something like a checklist that matches against device manufacturer or device model or device type or MAC address range, and implemented in the Tuya cloud…

I recently bought a couple of discounted Mirabella brand “Genio” white lights, which use Tuya cloud and a re-badged Smart Life app. The Tuya Smart Life app adds them just fine, and what’s more, shows “Smartthings” along with Google Assistant and Alexa. So now I have a total of 3 lights with the somewhat mythical Smartthings support.

Alas, not one of these lights actually shows up in the ST app, so I’m relying on my (still open) ticket with Tuya support to make progress.

On the plus side, I can now open a ticket with Mirabella, and see if they’ll try to help out. I might have to use the Genio app in order to get support.

Update: I also have a couple of colour Genio lights. I added one to the Genio app, and it showed no support for Smartthings. So I removed (and factory-reset) and added it to the Smart Life app, and it does show support for Smartthings. Like the other lights, doesn’t show up in the Smartthings app.

In other news, today the new Smartthings app successfully did a download thingamy that wasn’t working (reportedly a problem with Android 11 Beta), which was not working a couple of weeks ago. So, yay! Unfortunately the old Smartthings app is now unable to contact anything and gives a connection error no matter what I try to do; not sure if these two developments are related as I haven’t tried to use the old app for about a week.

Randomly today my “Smart Life Automatons” became available in ST, displaying as switches (currently displayed as offline…); still no additional devices.

1 Like