Smart Home Monitor vs. Smart Alarm

I wanted SHM status notification (and control of alarm setting via switches as well) from Natecj’s code, but in the end found the easiest path for me was to just copy @Natecj’s SHM integration code into the SmartAlarm version from the main thread… just added the code to the very end and that has worked very well for me.

I too am experiencing multiple disarmed notifications, they happen about 70% of the time for me. Little nuisance but still works well. Still get the occasional false alarm when the cloud is hiccuping.

I’m new to using security via Smartthings. Am I understanding things right that by default Smart Home Monitor and Smart Alarm don’t sync with each other, but instead you have to modify the Smart Alarm code in the IDE and incorporate Natecj’s code at the bottom?

I tried copying and publishing the code in the IDE but I still have conflicting statuses. At the moment SMH shows my system as “Disarmed” but SA shows the system as “Armed Away”.

I use core to change the mode. So if I change the mode to away, core will change the mode to away in smart alarm. I then created a virtual switch so I can flip the switch to am and switch off to disarm. I also run 2 smart apps of smart alarm one for away and one for home. That way when I am home my sirens don’t go off. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind posting your code from CORE as far as setting up the pistons? I’ve used CORE for some simple Harmony TV functions before but that’s about all of my experience with CORE. I saw Smart Home Monitor showed up as a “Capability” and could be used in an If->Then trigger, but I didn’t see Smart Alarm as something I could monitor from CORE.

here is both one to switch the mode when SHM changes, when the mode chagnes Smart Alarm changes. 2nd one is for the virtual switch to turn the alarm on and off.

Thanks for providing the Pistons. You said in your previous post that you ran two smart apps of Smart Alarm (one for away and one for home). So basically you just duplicated the Smart Alarm app in the IDE and have two Smart Alarm apps but with different siren settings for your “Armed-Away” vs “Armed-Stay” modes, correct?

No duplicate in the ide, just go to smart alarm in my apps and configure a 2nd one, you can run the same smart app multiple times. Everything else, is correct.