Smart fan light switch can't low the fan speed

Hi everyone!

I could make it run a smart fan light switch (Moes), it works (light and fan) but I can’t be able to control the velocity speed. It’s somehow set up at high speed even in low speed.

I can control everything with voice, using Alexa o SmartThings except the speed.

Do you have any idea why could it be?

Thanks!

What is the make and model of the switch you are using?

Hi, Tony. It’s Moes Smart Fan Light Switch US Version (https://www.moeshouse.com/collections/smart-fan-light-switch).

I was reading on Reddit this but I don’t know if this could be the reason:

You can use those fans with a speed switch at the wall, with a small caveat: Fan must be left on HIGH at the pullchain.

Basically, the HIGH setting is direct wired which lets you use a speed control at the wall switch. So if you want to do that, just put the fan on HIGH and remove the pull chain handle.

What you DO NOT want to do is have the pull chain at LOW or MEDIUM settings and mix that with a speed switch at the wall. You’re basically double stacking speed switches and you’ll likely burn up one or both of the speed controllers.

I am having the same problem, but mine worked fine for about two months and then started working like yours. If you find a solution, let me know, please.

1 Like