Smart Alarm is here

Hi there. Please contact support and me (ben@) to help us diagnose this issue. We have reports of scheduled mode changes not firing but it is not across the board and it would be great to get more data on it.

Just to be clear, are you saying that changing modes are failing to trigger events in other apps? Because I have no problem with my modes automatically changing. I was trying out this app because i realized the door part of the built in Smart Security app was not being consistent. I would get door open triggers but no alarm triggers. But now this app doesn’t fire the arming and disarming consistently.

Currently, I am repeatedly (with some pause) hitting disarm, and it is not disarming.

Starting last night at about 10:20pm CST (after emergency platform upgrades were announced/started) without any configuration changes in my SmartAlarm, suddenly anytime a door opens, I receive a notification from SmartAlarm: “Home alarm armed ‘Stay’.”. SmartThings app shows my current mode is “Home”, which is not one of my configured Stay modes. Very odd behavior.

1 Like

Maybe that is my problem as well. Because I feel like the Smart alarm worked fine for the first day (for mode changes). But this morning and today has been all bad.

My disarm button will not work. i am going to have to uninstall it to prevent alarms tonight.

basic question here if an app is updated and republished like smartalarm and we had entered information on all the zones and stuff ,would all that have to be redone again ? I’m guessing yes but looking for confirmation.

I tried to resave the settings for the app and when I hit Done, I now get “Error: An unexpected error occurred.”. I was running SmartAlarm 1.0.0, so I thought maybe a bug with the new ST changes and this app, so I just uninstalled, updated the SmartThings SmartApp code to 1.2.1, installed and tried to configure. Same error. “Error: An unexpected error occurred”.

Your error is related to you have to Enable OAuth

1 Like

updated app , settings preserved (phew) , enabled Oauth , publish for me still getting the “unexpected error occured”

Placing here for searching purposes:

Live Log showed the following when I pressed “Done” in the app to save the config:
org.springframework.security.oauth2.common.exceptions.InvalidClientException: No client with requested id: null @ line 1002

I found this in the logs, searched the source code for line 1002 and found it calling createAccessToken(), I also realized the error message itself mentioned “oauth2”, so I enabled OAuth and then it let me save my config.

Get your ST SmartAlarm app up, configured and ready to hit Done, but don’t hit done.
Go to https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/apps and login on your computer.
Go to Live Logging
Hit Done on your ST SmartAlarm app.
Look at the Live Log for errors when you hit done.

I’m getting something else

error java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “true” @ line 553
debug Created new access token:
trace Smart Alarm. Version 1.2.1. Copyright © 2014 Statusbits.com
trace Smart Alarm is attempting to unsubscribe from all events

which was state.exitDelay = settings.exitDelay ? settings.exitDelay.toInteger() : 0
I had no exit delay aka not set. I explicitly set this to 0 and it let me save the app. I’m guessing I might have had something like 15 mins before but for whatever reason it did not propagate this setting when migrating the app to 1.2.1. Another problem solved thanks to Livelogging @Ben

1 Like

You’re right, exitDelay used to be a boolean value (true by default), but was later changed to integer. Hence the format error.

1 Like

I am having the same error described above where the mode is changing properly (I am doing this through rest endpoints) and I can see on the dashboard that it is in home mode, but smart alarm is showing still as away (armed). This was especially painful this morning as it woke up my wife and 3 year old after I left for work. @Ben @gecko any thoughts? I have gone through logs. I am seeing one groovy error related to parsing the http get, but the mode is changing properly. Beyond that I am not seeing any smart alarm errors.

I’m seeing an error in the logs when attempting to disarm:

error org.hibernate.ObjectDeletedException: deleted object would be re-saved by cascade (remove deleted object from associations): [physicalgraph.app.EventSubscription#8b9f6c0d-b260-41ae-9e2d-b4ac009656dc] @ line 722

Looks like something has changed in the backend during recent upgrade. Here’s detailed log:

6:46:54 PM PDT: error org.hibernate.ObjectDeletedException: deleted object would be re-saved by cascade (remove deleted object from associations): [physicalgraph.app.EventSubscription#8b9f6c0d-b260-41ae-9e2d-b4ac009656dc] @ line 722
6:46:54 PM PDT: trace Smart Alarm is attempting to unsubscribe from Kitchen Window
6:46:54 PM PDT: debug zoneReset(1)
6:46:54 PM PDT: debug Zone ‘Family Room’ disarmed
6:46:54 PM PDT: trace Smart Alarm is attempting to unsubscribe from Family Room Window
6:46:54 PM PDT: debug zoneReset(0)
6:46:52 PM PDT: trace Deleting all scheduled jobs for InstalledSmartApp: 495d29ad-8fb0-427f-b359-d6df80f7076e
6:46:52 PM PDT: debug resetPanel()
6:46:52 PM PDT: debug disarm()
6:46:52 PM PDT: debug onLocation(Home)
6:46:52 PM PDT: error org.hibernate.ObjectDeletedException: deleted object would be re-saved by cascade (remove deleted object from associations): [physicalgraph.app.EventSubscription#8b9f6c0d-b260-41ae-9e2d-b4ac009656dc] @ line 722
6:46:52 PM PDT: trace Smart Alarm is attempting to unsubscribe from Kitchen Window
6:46:52 PM PDT: debug zoneReset(1)
6:46:52 PM PDT: debug Zone ‘Family Room’ disarmed
6:46:52 PM PDT: trace Smart Alarm is attempting to unsubscribe from Family Room Window
6:46:52 PM PDT: debug zoneReset(0)
6:46:51 PM PDT: trace Deleting all scheduled jobs for InstalledSmartApp: 495d29ad-8fb0-427f-b359-d6df80f7076e
6:46:51 PM PDT: debug resetPanel()
6:46:51 PM PDT: debug disarm()
6:46:51 PM PDT: debug onLocation(Home)
6:46:50 PM PDT: error org.hibernate.ObjectDeletedException: deleted object would be re-saved by cascade (remove deleted object from associations): [physicalgraph.app.EventSubscription#8b9f6c0d-b260-41ae-9e2d-b4ac009656dc] @ line 722

@geko yes I can confirm I am seeing the same error when I go to home from away. Hopefully they can get this straightened up quick.

Hi guys,

Not sure if this info will help, but I had issues this morning because mode change didn’t change arming status of SmartAlarm.

When I investigated, I found there a mode that I had removed about a week ago was still showing up inside SmartAlarm, specifically in the Arm Stay in these modes selection.

Since I was .1 version off, I replaced the code with the latest and re-published the app. Since reconfiguring my SmartAlarm, everything is working perfectly again.

Just a possibility, but it looks to me like the process to update/repair the platform restored some old data, in my case a deleted Mode.

David

1 Like

That is where I started. I’ve Uninstalled 2 times and moved to 1.2.1 from my pushbullet version. David I appreciate the suggestion, is there a way you could look at logs to see if there are any errors?

yeah smart alarm is not disarming night to home for me. have to disarm in app.

It armed home to night no problem.

@geko I’m getting this error when I try to update my config

8:31:03 AM AST: error java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "false" @ line 553

I’m running the latest version from GitHub and OAuth is enabled for the app.

Uninstalled and re-installed.most things working as they should but getting this in my logs and not arming or disarming when I change mode, I have to go in to the app and do it manually

9:05:34 AM AST: error org.hibernate.ObjectDeletedException: deleted object would be re-saved by cascade (remove deleted object from associations): [physicalgraph.app.EventSubscription#277cd2b1-39df-40c9-8df4-dcbd1d0d4d25] @ line 722

Here is a video of what I describe https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7yhoufo08rnaek/alarmproblem.mov?dl=0 you will be able to see that when I set the mode to away it enable the alarm, you will also notice no push or SMS notification, when I change to back to home by triggering I’m Back it does not disarm, I have to go to the app click on disarm and done for it to actually disarm also you will notice no Push Notification or SMS. Any known problems about this @ben ?