[OBSOLETE] Smart Alarm is here

@airic499 I’m using version 2.2.5, also maybe you’re forgetting to enable oauth?

Thanks, but do I have that enabled.

Plus, while that is needed for the interface, it shouldn’t matter setting up the config in IDE. It’s like the program isn’t seeing my account, even though I am signed into the IDE.

Also, could anyone confirm that I should NOT be seeing in the SmartApps list? Several places in this thread it refers to selecting it from the list. Precisely which list varies with the age and version of the SmartThings IDE. But I don’t see Smart Alarm listed as a Smart App or Smart App template as suggested through most of this thread.

As a PS, I finally got it I think! I had ST support reset some things. Stupid noob mistakes that evidently left uneraseable traces even after deletion or removal. A ST for Dummies is definitely needed BTW.

Ok onto how.

First, if like me you have tried a bunch of times, there are stubs or something in there. You may need to contact support to do a full clean and reset of your system. Realize, it does exactly that and you will need to start from scratch adding all your things back in. But doing so has cleared up a couple of other issue I was having so it may be worth it.

Next, do not add from the IDE! Add it from your device app. Follow this protocol at least for iOS:

1. Click on the plus at the bottom of the Dashboard. This will bring you to the Things screen.
  2. Look at the top, the things icon has a circle around it. Swipe left till you get to More.
  3. Scroll the list up till you see Safety& Security. Click on Safety & Security.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the list to find SmartThings. Click on the link.
  5. Go through the install process. Make sure you keep hitting Done till you finish.
  6. Exit out and make sure you now see Safety & Security on your Dashboard. If you do, it worked.
  7. Now you can go to your IDE and you should be able to see Smart Alarm from your IDE. If you want to change versions, updated code, etc. You can now do that through the IDE, get you oauth, etc.

Hope this helps anyone else struggling!

1 Like

Hi, is there a way to make my siren/alarm “chirp” momentarily when motion is detected? I only need about a one-second audible alert for what I’m using it for. Thanks!

1 Like

Any way to have a beeping sound for the entry and exit delay?

2 Likes

I don’t want to double post, but i realize that it seems bugs are being reported here. I am linking to my topic, if you would prefer me to copy the text over and delete my old post i can do that instead.

Seems like my siren keeps losing it’s connection to Smart Alarm. The siren works manually, but Smart Alarm won’t trigger it. If I reinstall Smart Alarm it fixes it, for a little while. Then it happens again. On the plus side, I appreciate the siren not going off when I accidentally trip Smart Alarm because my mobile presence isn’t working properly.

Can you reproduce this and provide the logs?

Well I tried. But seems like when I intentionally set the alarm off while live logging, it works. From what I understand it isn’t possible for me to retrieve the logs if I’m not live logging when it happens?

Might be an issue with the subscriptions being terminated early then, which would be a platform issue… but yes that is correct you can not view historical logs.

I want to endorse the request for a chirp at entry prior to a full blown siren with the time between equal to the entry delay.

I’d also really like to be able to define which tone pattern from my new Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Siren will be sounded for which event.

Okay let me see if these are the additions you guys want:

• When the entry/exit delay is active, allow the user to select siren # and volume level
  • For normal alarm, allow user to select siren # and volume level
  • Allow a custom alarm/volume for CO2/Smoke Alarms

Anything else?

Okay, just reviewed this, basically it is going to require a modification to both the SmartAlarm code and the Aeotec Siren DeviceType.

I will do a little tinkering on it tomorrow and see if I can get it to work. The only issues I foresee is it may permanently change the volume and alarm type of the device if you manually trigger it, and it looks like it is going to require a delay of around 1-2 seconds before the alarm can fire if we want to customize the alarm.

1 Like

Okay, try this:

SmartApp Replacement: https://gist.github.com/chuckpearce/a08f3886e8df0622b9fa

DeviceType Replacement: https://gist.github.com/chuckpearce/e0c9a1f9eb9859bc9c7c

Sound Type Reference: Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Siren

I haven’t tested this at all so be warned.

Basically it should have a new menu in Notifications just under the Pushbullet notifications. Enable “Enable Aeotec features mode” then set the sound and volume for each item you want to have a custom sound and volume.

The basic alarm sound and volume is required in order to enable any of the other custom sounds/volumes.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I’m too tired to be the guinea pig for this right now, if no one else gives it a try by the weekend, I’ll test it out sometime Saturday. Great contribution, thanks again!

Thanks so much for taking a stab at this! I’m at work now but I’ll try it out tonight and get back to you.

Where i could find the uninstall button in smart alarm. I want to unistall because had a problem. It stays on arm stay… Just this morning when i open the back door alarm trip off. What ever i do changing mode back and forth. And check the app… So it was stack in armed stay even home day already triggered.

I had the same issue. My savior was my security key fob which let me tiger the I’m Back mode.

I did get the Alarm to uninstall.
Restarted my router and the SmartThings hub.

And now I can’t re-install the Smart Alarm.

Something is broken with Smart Alarm right now. Started this morning. Won’t recognize Home Mode changes. I went into the app on the mobile client and could never get it to “save” any changes. Tried and tried to just remove the app and start over, took forever but I finally got the app uninstalled, tried to recreate it from a fresh paste of the latest code, still can’t get the app to save. Live logging produces this error every time I try to do anything:

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution timed out after 40 units. Start time: Sun May 03 15:36:39 UTC 2015 @ line 1112

Related to this wider issue?