[OBSOLETE] Smart Alarm is here

Interesting thing happen last night. I just installed this yesterday so i have been able to test the night mode and leaving auto arming. I did test directly setting to away and guest for the two away and stay arms respectively. Night is also configured as a away mode. I have an UP24 band, I set it into sleep and that will set the house into night. But the system didn’t arm. So i laid there playing with setting back to home, back to night, back to home, back to away, restarting the app. Finally, the night triggered the arming. So, i am trying to figure out what happened

You can look at the event log in the IDE to see what exactly happened and when.

@geko,

I enabled OAuth and enabled Rest with a Pin. I have it working where I can get status and arm the alarm with a URL in a web browser, but I cannot disable it. How do I enter the pin?

Thank you.
-Todd

You need to add your pin to the url: disarm/123456 or whatever.

Cameron - I have ST automatically set to night @ 11:59pm and good morning / home @ 5:30 am
Smart Alarm auto on for night and away, off for good morning / home
my UP24 band reliably sets ST to night when I press the button 9moon) and again in the morning when pressed again for good morning (sun) - my only issue ever has been when my phone blue tooth was turned off or my band was dead.
another thing I set up on my phone was to change the sound from the usual “ding” I got a text / push to a barking dog (my virtual watch dog) I know now when my phone “barks” Smart Alarm is armed or disarmed
also I do not sleep with my phone … it stays in the kitchen 30’+ away and down a flight of stairs
Dan T

Was just playing around with baldeagle072’s Push Notifier app and he made a quick change to make the Push Bullet popup on IOS much better.
Right now when you get a Push Bullet from SmartAlarm the popup you get just says “note:SmartThings”, no matter what, and you have to go into the Push Bullet app to see what the message is.
He changed it in his app to have the option to have the “message” displayed as the “title” so the "Alarm or Status will show on the popup message. This is the way it shows by default if using SMS but would be really cool if you could add that ability as well.
His code shows what change he made but I just don’t know how to change it on your app :frowning:

Thanks,
Scott

If you are using @625alex’s device type, to nee to change this line of code (both times it comes up):

if (settings.pushbulletAlarm && settings.pushbullet) {
     settings.pushbullet*.push(msg)
} 

to

if (settings.pushbulletAlarm && settings.pushbullet) {
     settings.pushbullet*.push(msg, msg)
} 

or something similar. If you use just one argument, it sends just the message. If you send two arguments, it would be push(title, message). The first argument would show up as the title.

2 Likes

PERFECT!!! This works great!

I am not very savvy with ST but would love if someone would take a few minutes to walk me through the install of smartalarm. I will configure the app myself but am unsure how to install it. If possible I would also like some help setting up a tablet as a security panel in my home. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

A step-by-step installation guide is on Github:
https://github.com/statusbits/smartalarm

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

My SmartAlarm seems like it disappeared in the ST App but it’s still listed in the IDE under My SmartApps.
I’m on version 2.2.1 can I just replace this old code with your new code? Or should I delete and start over?
Thx

The current released version is shared as “Smart Alarm V2.2.5” i the IDE. You can replace your existing app without uninstalling. Just make sure after you “publish” it, open app properties in the mobile app and tap “Done” until it closes.

1 Like

I was able to install Smart Alarm, actually have to say, once I figured out how to install, it’s really fairly simple. Thanks much for the app, it works as defined.

So, I do have one question… I have tried to goof with the code but not getting close. I would like to change the trigger to be based on a stream of events occurring. That is if living motion and Den motion are both triggered the turn on alarm. Or if Front Door open and Living motion are both triggered then turn on alarm.

So essentially I’m suggesting the zones could be 2 or more sensors are ALL true/active.

Any thoughts. Thanks much

1 Like

I can understand your particular needs, however the problem is how to make it generic and intuitive for other users. It would require some kind of generic “rule builder” to logically AND and OR multiple sources. This was discussed many times before and SmartThings is supposedly “working on it”. I guess we’ll have to wait and see…

1 Like

@geko I am only one of the few who is yet to install it… Too scared… :wink: BTW… Did you mail me that check of 30$. :wink:

Do you have any security system installed? With all the hi-tech gear you brag about on this board, you may be a prime target for the burglars. :smile:

Actually, I did figure out how to make the remote work - you just need to buy Vera for $99 to set it up. So, I suppose we’re even. :wink:

3 Likes

Oh yeah??? The most high tech gadget which makes me a hero in the neighborhood is Philips Hue and the ST hub integration! Huh! And I own a Honda lawnmower and couple of toro stuff which can be classified as high tech (never used) and a borrowed snow blower (live in Jersey and first year first time home owner)… Can you integrate thise with ST? :wink: all the missus’ s friends are over friendly for some reason after I showed off the hues…: the most high tech gadget… :wink: they seriously think I am the next bill gates or Steve jobs!

I was directed to ask my question in this thread:

My wife wants our motion sensors on during the night. The issue is I sometimes wake up for a late night snack and don’t want to trigger it. One way I thought I can solve this is putting a Motion sensor next to my bedroom door and when it get activated it will turn the other motion sensors in the house off for a period of 10 minutes. Is there a way I can accomplish this with this app?

Not directly. Smart Alarm has two modes - Away and Stay. In Stay mode, Interior zones are not armed. So one option is to configure your motion sensors as Interior zones, so they won’t be armed while you’re home (i.e. in Stay mode).

Another option is to setup your bedroom motion sensor to disarm the alarm by changing the mode to Home and change the mode back to Night 10 minutes later. You may need a simple app to do the later, or there may already be an app that does that.

1 Like

How did you get the three modes on the tablet? I already have the ActiON dashboard installed. Can you provide step by step instructions for that?