Current Smart Alarm version is 2.4.2. Please follow this thread for updates:
Like many others, I'm interested in using SmartThings as a cheap substitute for a self-monitored alarm system. I tried using "Smart Security" app, but was not very happy with it. So I wrote "Smart Alarm" - a multi-zone virtual alarm panel. It features:
- Up to 16 independent security zones
- Unlimited number of sensors (contact, motion, fire, moisture) per zone
- Two arming modes - Away and Stay
- Optional entry and exit delays
- Zones can be designated as Interior (armed in Away mode only) Exterior (armed in both Away and Stay modes) and Alert (always armed)
- Zone bypass allows quickly exclude select zones
- Setting of an alarm can activate sirens, turn on light switches, send push notifications and text messages
- Silent mode disables sirens and light switches, but leaves push notifications and text messages on
- Panic button
Smart Alarm is armed and disarmed simply by setting SmartThings location 'mode'. For example, you can configure it to arm in Away mode when the location mode is set to 'Away' and to arm in Stay mode when the location mode is set to 'Night'. Setting location to any other mode, for example 'Home' will automatically disarm Smart Alarm.
This allows arming and disarming SmartAlarm using 'Hello Home' parses. For example, 'Good Night!' phrase activates 'Night' mode, thus automatically arming Smart Alarm in Stay mode. You can also change location modes based on presence or other criteria, giving you many different ways to arm and disarm Smart Alarm.
Here's some screenshots:
Smart Alarm is available in the SmartThings IDE (look in "Safety & Security" section of Shared Smart Apps) and also on GitHub: